so i tried an Egnater Tourmaster 2x12 cab with celestion Elite 80's with a jvm 410h and i liked the sound quite a bit. i know that i will get all the major toan godz coming up to me saying that the jvm410 is fizzy and bad and not good, well i liked it, and that's my opinion and i think at a decently loud volume it sounded great.

now, i have a peavy jsx at home, so slightly similar to the jvm. but the speakers in my valveking cab are complete crap. so i want to upgrade them. i saw an ad on CL for 2 seventy 80's for $75 and as far as i know, those are basically the same as the Elite 80's in the engater. so my question is, are the 70 80's as good as the elite 80's, and would they sound good in my valveking cab with the other speakers taken out? sometime in the future i might put in k-100's or 25watt greenbacks along with the 80's if i get them. i play mostly lead and rhythm, clean, everything pretty much, metal, blues, but mainly joe satriani es-que shred. i want the sound to be cutting and very clean. along with fullness and not ice-picky.
thanks for any help guys!
i think they are basically the same speaker iirc. Seventy 80's are crap, man.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
hm. what's so bad about them? are they as bad as valveking speakers? i tried the jvm with a $2000 les paul and sadly i only have a js100 and MIM strat so not quite top quality guitars. and i know that the jvm is probably on par sound quality wise with the jsx, and everybody using the jsx has a nice, fat, gainy and smooth sound and its just fizzy ass with the valveking cab so i just want speakers that cut well and have a nice fat sound. i don't really have a lot of money, so the better the speakers, the longer the time it will take to get them. i want them to do really well in a band scenario.
Seventy 80's are just cheap dimensionless Celestion OEM speakers. Usually when you see "custom celestion" on a cheap crappy sounding cab it means Seventy 80's with a different sticker on them.
Maybe go have a look at what WGS or Weber have to offer if you are trying to save a buck but want something half decent.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
well, what should i get for my jsx?
i really don't want to buy anything from the US because i live in canada and most places ship UPS, UPS is quite possibly the shittiest postal service ever. you get ridiculous fees from orders from the US. so if i could get something from canada that would be good. I saw a 2x12 recto cab for $350, i saw a 4x12 for something around $450 also. I want a big and cutting sound, but that's also smooth and great for lead, rhythm, clean, low gain, high gain and really everything the JSX can do.
Unfortunately everyone here is telling you the wrong thing about the Elite 80's. They are not 70/80's. They are modeled after the Classic Lead 80 speakers.
Ian is absolutely right. I've played them side-by-side. The 70/80 is flat and featureless, what Marshall uses in its budget line. The Elite 80 is very three dimensional and rich, at all points in the spectrum. The highs really cut through but in a really velvet quality. A superbly rounded-out sound.
common man this is a dead thread.

don't necrobump.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/