Currently I have a Peavey 3120(6L6s). I was planning on getting a Rockerverb 100 MKI but I am feeling like I don't really want to spend that much.

The only thing that is "really" bothering about the 3120 is it is freaking heavy.. I would rather carry my cab than the head(orange PPC 2x12).

So Is there any other head that I can look at thats like the peavey 3120 but lighter?

A better clean channel is also welcomed The gain and everything is GREAT for everything I play.

Price: 1000$ but I really don't want to spend that much.. would much rather do a straight trade or something.
New or used: used
Closest City: Austin (REALLY active craigslist)
Genre: Mainly metal. Animal as leaders, Killswitch, Parkway drive. I also play a little jimi hendrix, RHCP, bloc party, and some indie bands. Obviously I'm not expecting to have that good of clean channel.
Quote by MatrixClaw
anyway, i must be off, my gf says we gotta go cause i poked her and now she's bleeding

Quote by BobDetroit
The real question is why the **** are you talking to your mom about a Mesa?What the hell did you think she was going to say?"No dear, I prefer Dual Rec tone?!"
Any help?
Quote by MatrixClaw
anyway, i must be off, my gf says we gotta go cause i poked her and now she's bleeding

Quote by BobDetroit
The real question is why the **** are you talking to your mom about a Mesa?What the hell did you think she was going to say?"No dear, I prefer Dual Rec tone?!"
Are you sure that would be lighter? Plus I heard that they are very fizzy.
Quote by MatrixClaw

Quote by BobDetroit
They are 19 lbs to your peavey's 25 and quite a bit smaller. Never heard complaints about fizziness either. In all honesty i doubt you'll be able to find an effective metal amp that's much smaller.
I'm not looking for a lunchbox amp. Like I used to owns Rectoverb and that was great weight wise. I didn't have to break my arm carrying it.

And wait I don't understand the 19Lbs to my peavey 25? I think my peavy weighs more than 25. I think I just didn't understand though.
Quote by MatrixClaw

Quote by BobDetroit
25 pounds? If you are having trouble carrying that i suggest you spend the money on a gym membership. 12 kilos shouldn't be an uncomfortable weight for an adult male.
Quote by joe_k
25 pounds? If you are having trouble carrying that i suggest you spend the money on a gym membership. 12 kilos shouldn't be an uncomfortable weight for an adult male.

... it weighs 55.56 pounds. 25.2kilos. I may not be the hulk or something but I can lift a good amount of weight.

Either way its not that I'm having trouble.. its rather I wish it was a bit easier.
Quote by MatrixClaw

Quote by BobDetroit
Last edited by Aashraya at Aug 27, 2011,
Quote by Aashraya
... it weighs 55.56 pounds. 25.2kilos. I may not be the hulk or something but I can lift a good amount of weight.

MY BAD its 25 kilos, not pounds, the V3m is not a lunchbox amp unless your definition of lunchbox amp is "small amp." its essentially a V3 in a smaller chassis.
Quote by ticktockboom
MY BAD its 25 kilos, not pounds, the V3m is not a lunchbox amp unless your definition of lunchbox amp is "small amp." its essentially a V3 in a smaller chassis.

I never said it was a lunch box amp. I see how it sounded like I meant that. I meant more like, I'm not looking for a lunch box amp, cause you said I might not find a light weight amp that does what I want.

I just want a decent weight amp that isn't to bad to carry. 30-40 pounds is fine. And It doesn't have to me smaller, just lighter. There is amp that are the same size as the 3120, but weigh less ( transformer size and all.)

But anyways. I don't really want Carvin V3m... Maybe I should just suck it up for now, cause doesn't seem to have many options here.
Quote by MatrixClaw

Quote by BobDetroit
Last edited by Aashraya at Aug 27, 2011,
Quote by Aashraya
I never said it was a lunch box amp. I see how it sounded like I meant that. I meant more like, I'm not looking for a lunch box amp, cause you said I might not find a light weight amp that does what I want.

I just want a decent weight amp that isn't to bad to carry. 30-40 pounds is fine. And It doesn't have to me smaller, just lighter. There is amp that are the same size as the 3120, but weigh less ( transformer size and all.)

But anyways. I don't really want Carvin V3m... Maybe I should just suck it up for now, cause doesn't seem to have many options here.

honestly, yes.

is a head that weighs in at even 15lbs less worth sacrificing tone on, or even moreso spending a grand on another amp when you seem to be satisfied with what you have.

also a lot of that weight is from the transformers. i bet i have 30lbs of transformer in either one of my splawns.

smaller transformers generally don't sound as good as the big boys, and that is one area that i really wouldn't want to compramise.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Just buy a good trolley.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Alright thanks guys. I'm just gonna suck it up haha
Quote by MatrixClaw

Quote by BobDetroit
Rockerverb 30 will be a little lighter, but not much.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Well I was planning on get the RV100 cause it sounds more aggressive, and is better for metal.
Quote by MatrixClaw

Quote by BobDetroit