Poll: lowest tuning you ever used on floyd rose?
Poll Options
View poll results: lowest tuning you ever used on floyd rose?
drop C#
3 4%
standard c#
1 1%
drop C
15 22%
standard C
6 9%
drop B
6 9%
standard B
6 9%
drop A#
1 1%
standard A#
1 1%
drop A
11 16%
standard A
18 26%
Voters: 68.
Not only Floyd Rose trems, Ibanez Egde trems Kahler trems or any other double-locking tremolo bridges are welcome.

So, what's the lowest tuning you've ever used on guitars with these bridges?
B standard, but this really isn't the place for this.
Quote by MakinLattes
I'd kill you and wear your skin.
Quote by Siv During Livh
To attempt to have intercourse with a hornet's nest is a very bad idea,

Voted UG's worst cross dresser.
Also voted #95 on UG's Top 100 2013. Like it means anything....
floyd roses suck

i use the fender style bridge on my ibanez, is and always will be my favorite

also, i have thick strings applied right now and i've been in Db standard/drop B for a while now

EDIT: A standard?! really?! that's like making the low E the 7th string...
"I specialize in driving a set like I'm driving a Lexus" - Uncle Mez
Last edited by laid-to-waste at Aug 26, 2011,
Standard.
Quote by Robchappers
Ha ha love you to dude ;-)

Quote by fearofthemark
10/10 Slater is amazing

Fender Deluxe Roadhouse Strat
Ibanez RG4EXFM1
Washburn D46S
Dunlop Original Crybaby Wah
Fulltone OCD Overdrive
Boss SD-1 Overdrive
MXR M-148 Micro Chorus
Jet City JCA2112RC 20W
Drop A. though that was for a very short time, other than that i almost always stick with a step down. just curious, why does it matter? you're not one of those "i tune lower so i'm automatically heavier and more br00tal" guys, are you? cause i play synth.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Last edited by theogonia777 at Aug 26, 2011,
A standard half a step down, except with the A string tuned down to D flat. I used this tuning to play some staind songs.

EDIT:

So, from lowest to highest: G# C# G# C# F# A#
Last edited by Lost Dog at Aug 26, 2011,
Quote by SilverSpurs616
Drop A.

..but that was a 7-string xD

This. I named him Ko the Face Stealer.
Standard. The sound is so brootal its amazing. In all seriousness though i only tune down on my Strat and acoustic so no down tuning on floyd roses for me.
Drop B... unless 7 strings count.. then drop G lol, just did that today
"Could everyone please stop sounding like everyone else that's trying to sound like meshuggah?"

-Emil Werstler

Quote by damian_91
Kurt Cobain, the best guitarist to ever live.

Quote by brandon2784
Drop B... unless 7 strings count.. then drop G lol, just did that today

is that a full step down and then the 7th dropped to octave the 5th? how's the tone on that?
Quote by laid-to-waste
is that a full step down and then the 7th dropped to octave the 5th? how's the tone on that?

Yup lol, and honestly it's pretty bad. Although I need thicker strings, seeing as I'm using a set of 10's lol. Floppy city, population, me.
"Could everyone please stop sounding like everyone else that's trying to sound like meshuggah?"

-Emil Werstler

Quote by damian_91

Quote by brandon2784
Yup lol, and honestly it's pretty bad. Although I need thicker strings, seeing as I'm using a set of 10's lol. Floppy city, population, me.

ahhh ):

i got 11s about 3 weeks ago, i'm one and a half steps down from standard since i got it, and every now and then i drop the low Db to a low B to get the power chords on a barred finger. i haven't went to standard since, and i'm fine with it, it doesn't feel at all floppy and it's super tight and the tone is awesome

also, periphery hasn't gone lower than half a step down on their seven string and it sounds heavy as ****
Quote by laid-to-waste
ahhh ):

i got 11s about 3 weeks ago, i'm one and a half steps down from standard since i got it, and every now and then i drop the low Db to a low B to get the power chords on a barred finger. i haven't went to standard since, and i'm fine with it, it doesn't feel at all floppy and it's super tight and the tone is awesome

also, periphery hasn't gone lower than half a step down on their seven string and it sounds heavy as ****

C# (Db) is my main tuning on a six string, I use 11 through 56 for that, because I dig the tight low end. Periphery does always sound hella tight and heavy though. I think it's more how you use it then how low you tune it lol. I can make C# sound pretty heavy

-Emil Werstler

Quote by damian_91

Quote by brandon2784
C# (Db) is my main tuning on a six string, I use 11 through 56 for that, because I dig the tight low end. Periphery does always sound hella tight and heavy though. I think it's more how you use it then how low you tune it lol. I can make C# sound pretty heavy

yep, definitely. it's always about the contrast. if you just play low notes all the time, it's gonna sound like shit, but if you play around the high notes first then drop down an octave (like Icarus Lives!) then it makes any tuning sound relatively heavy. periphery do it flawlessly. Buttersnips is in Drop C.
A standard bitch.

Na I'm kidding I just wanted to screw with your poll.

No sexual innuendo intended.
OM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM
Standard E, down one octave. That's right. My brootz level is ultimate.

I have never owned a guitar with a Floyd Rose, and the very lowest I've ever played is drop C.

DON'T MAKE ME DESTROY YOU!

TURN OFF YOUR MIND RELAX AND FLOAT DOWNSTREAM

Quote by Scumbag1792
My God, this must be the smartest/greatest guy ever.