I'm a picky SOB, so this probably won't be easy. Thanks to the people who try

Looking for a guitar that I can quickly switch between different tunings. I'd like to have a decently thin and unfinished neck. Strat or LP type shape. 2 humbuckers, bonus points for EMG 81/60 set!

This week I've hit up both music shops in town. Tried out gibby les pauls & epi ones, but found them way too thick necked. Guess I'm spoiled with my Saber

Then tried out an Ibanez ART300, a Kramer Assault 220 and a Gibson destroyer. None really had the type of neck I'm looking for.

Unfortunately neither shop deals with ESP.

Guess I could try to track down a used rga121
Fleet of MiJ Ibanez
Couple of Balls
Peavey & EVH Wolfgangs
Eclipse
Fender HM Strat
Kemper KPA
5150 III 50w & cabs
Try a schecter, the good ones have active emgs, usually 81/85 but a 60 could probably be found, most are strat shaped, some lp. All of the good ones are set neck with a weird joint so they feel neck-thru. their necks are amazing, and if you can get a hellraiser anniversary like i got, the neck is to die for. Theyre not unfinished but are still smooth. Hope this helps.
DAS BOOT!!!
Quote by Blues Hippie
Try a schecter, the good ones have active emgs, usually 81/85 but a 60 could probably be found, most are strat shaped, some lp. All of the good ones are set neck with a weird joint so they feel neck-thru. their necks are amazing, and if you can get a hellraiser anniversary like i got, the neck is to die for. Theyre not unfinished but are still smooth. Hope this helps.

I like Schecters, but I am a little put off that they all seem to have to have some kind of sinister name...
Quote by Blues Hippie

NA. He said thin unfinished necks which means +1 for a used ibanez RGA121
I have an RGA121 with SD Blackouts - Tuned to B standard - it rips your face off!!!!

Know what, you like ibanez necks clearly, you wan HH config, those S series guitars have trems so a hardtail will make a nice change - allows for fast drop tuning like you wanted. And the RGAs are sexy guitars, especially the natural wood 121s and the trans blue 321s. Swap out the stock ibby pups for emgs, and you'll have a kickass guitar like mine
Last edited by gman128 at Aug 26, 2011,
Best thing for you....a Fender Jim Root Stratocaster (yes such guitar exist). Fender neck (with means awsome), mahogany body, fix bridge and EMGs.
just pick your favorite guitars at the house, break out the tools, and start swapping parts around. use common sense and dont be scared. if it doesn't work then just restore them back. I used ibanez s570 body with an rg350 neck, best I've played. just go for it.
Quote by marianoarnaiz
Best thing for you....a Fender Jim Root Stratocaster (yes such guitar exist). Fender neck (with means awsome), mahogany body, fix bridge and EMGs.

I do like my older Metal Strat, but I"m not sure I'd be too keen on dropping $1500+tax on a MiM guitar.
Fleet of MiJ Ibanez
Couple of Balls
Peavey & EVH Wolfgangs
Eclipse
Fender HM Strat
Kemper KPA
5150 III 50w & cabs