Hey I'm new so forgive me if this is a totally rediculous question but I was wondering if any of you guys have gone on to graduate school and if so what did you think about the GRE
School? What's that.
Quote by Pleasure2kill
The truth is, Muslims never apologized for their faith having something to do with the attacks on 9/11.
I'm in pharmacy school, took the PCAT. Not grad school though, although my cousin is. She took the GRE twice, didn't seem to study too terribly much and did decently on it.
The lake was silent for some time. Finally it said:
"I weep for Narcissus, but I never noticed that Narcissus was beautiful. I weep because, each time he knelt beside my banks, I could see, in the depths of his eyes, my own beauty reflected."
The GRE is a joke. My friend failed it, after taking a prep course. From the material they covered in the prep courses and their "mock exams" anyone of modern intelligence could do well. Even coming out of highschool.
Quote by howlinwolf
Hey I'm new so forgive me if this is a totally rediculous question but I was wondering if any of you guys have gone on to graduate school and if so what did you think about the GRE

my friend is gonna write it in a week. I wouldn't mind knowing what it's like either.

Also to the guy above me i'm doing my Masters in Pharmacy. How's the undergrad pharmacy like? I'm thinking I may get into it

Quote by CrunchyRoll
I'm in pharmacy school, took the PCAT. Not grad school though, although my cousin is. She took the GRE twice, didn't seem to study too terribly much and did decently on it.

edit: two guys above me
Quote by edge11
yeah im not at gc dude, i dont live there.

||=(|''''|''''|''''|''''|)>-----
Last edited by Wesseem at Aug 26, 2011,
Quote by Wesseem
my friend is gonna write it in a week. I wouldn't mind knowing what it's like either.

Also to the guy above me i'm doing my Masters in Pharmacy. How's the undergrad pharmacy like? I'm thinking I may get into it

edit: two guys above me

I did my undergrad as a chemistry major.
"I weep for Narcissus, but I never noticed that Narcissus was beautiful. I weep because, each time he knelt beside my banks, I could see, in the depths of his eyes, my own beauty reflected."
Alot of my friends are studying for that now. One has been at it for almost a year. Granted, he found a job and that ate up a lot of time, but he's getting there. Other friends are type A so they are studying like crazy.
I went the other route and did post-grad service after graduation. Whoo! I do plan on going to graduate school though - three year's time.
A man said to the universe:
"Sir, I exist!"
"However," replied the universe,
"The fact has not created in me
A sense of obligation."

STOP MODERN DAY SLAVERY
I'm writing it in october. regardless of how difficult it is, they tell us in Behavioural statistics classes that it's useless at what it's supposed to do- be predictive of your grad school performance- due to the highly self-selected group that writes it.
Quote by CrunchyRoll
I did my undergrad as a chemistry major.

my bad. i didn't really mean it as undergrad. I still don't even know how to word it...
Like I'm doing my MSc in pharmacy, but you would be doing something that would result in your becoming a pharmacist yes? I was just wondering how that program is (assuming you've already done at least a year)
Quote by edge11
yeah im not at gc dude, i dont live there.

||=(|''''|''''|''''|''''|)>-----
Appreciate the serious answers, the clowns could at least use a lil' more wit. I'm a bio major hoping to get into the college of charleston for marine bio if anybody was wondering.

edit: I know many people who've made a great living out of being a pharmacist
Quote by Wesseem
my bad. i didn't really mean it as undergrad. I still don't even know how to word it...
Like I'm doing my MSc in pharmacy, but you would be doing something that would result in your becoming a pharmacist yes? I was just wondering how that program is (assuming you've already done at least a year)

Yeah, I'll be a pharmacist. Unfortunately I am still in my first year so I can't give much insight yet. My college is both pharmacy and medicine, and I take classes with med students too, so it's a little different than most.

Quote by howlinwolf
Appreciate the serious answers, the clowns could at least use a lil' more wit. I'm a bio major hoping to get into the college of charleston for marine bio if anybody was wondering.

My friends and I use to make fun of Bio majors, since we were superior chemistry majors, but my girlfriend is doing biology and it actually seems quite interesting.

Quote by howlinwolf

Yeah, it pays quite well and has normal 8 hour shifts so you can live a normal life.
Quote by howlinwolf

Are you doing the Computer test? I think there's an implicit advantage over the paper one, as the former apparently stops you sooner if you are doing well.

also, for the general test there are people writing it from every conceivable discipline, and I think your percentile rank is what matters, there are some quirks- ie a sociology or anthro major scoring in the 83rd percentile is strong for relevant programmes, as they are writing the same test as people from fields where mathematics are more central to the discipline.
Quote by Who66
Are you doing the Computer test? I think there's an implicit advantage over the paper one, as the former apparently stops you sooner if you are doing well.

also, for the general test there are people writing it from every conceivable discipline, and I think your percentile rank is what matters, there are some quirks- ie a sociology or anthro major scoring in the 83rd percentile is strong for relevant programmes, as they are writing the same test as people from fields where mathematics are more central to the discipline.

Yeah I'll most likely be taking it online; I was looking my friends study book for it at work today and it seems the vocab will be the most difficult
Took the GRE yesterday morning actually, the new revised version.

Didn't study and the ranges it gave me at the end were 660-760 for the Verbal and 670-770 for the Quantitative.

I haven't taken a math class since high school and I could do most of it. Although I'd advise you to look up quadratic stuff and how to do areas of things like cylinders and cones.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

If women can be annoyed there arent any women incongress I should be allowed to be pissed off there are no members of pink floyd or the beatles in congress.
Quote by ethan_hanus
What school? A school where you are supposed to graduate? What's the point of calling it graduate school? I has lots of questions.

Schools where you get postgraduate qualifications. Literally, a school for graduates. (as in, those who have already graduated).
Quote by howlinwolf

I have quite a few friends who took it and really it depends on what school you want to go to for grad school. Obviously the more prestigious the school the more points you need which would make it harder as you have less to miss.