Snowland seemed so wonderful when I first listened to it, definitely recommend it. Wish they'd re-release it so I could own the damned thing already. Good to see you're still spreading the word of good metal in these parts.
Glance into my eyes
and see the darkest shadows dancing
Playing in the desert of my life
Burning, -
and my soul is descending...

Quote by linfield4466
Snowland seemed so wonderful when I first listened to it, definitely recommend it. Wish they'd re-release it

We can officially confirm that a third opus is in the making. So there are
going to be 3 new chapters in the Sorcier Des Glaces' saga. The first one
is "The Puressence of Primitive Forests", expect a release date in July
2011 on the Quebec label Mankind's Demise Records. A cover song will be
featured on the album, our version of Hungary's TORMENTOR "Tormentor I" (we
covered the first version of that song, originally appeared on "The 7th Day
of Doom" in 1987). Mankind's Demise will also release a limited 2CD edition of the album that will include a remastered version of our first album (1998' Snowland). I
know that the album has never been officially available, we've been asked
so many times for that so now this is your chance!

They have re-released it. You can get it with a special edition of the new album.
Having just listened to it, yes, very much so... My favorite release from them anyway, or at least the only one that's grabbed me...
Quote by MoogleRancha
It's like Fenriz and J. Read

"I'm so happy to love metal and stuff"

"I AM metal"
Really don't think they are anything special. They aren't bad as such, but I could never really get excited by them. There was nothing to make them stand out.

I did have a physical coy of Snowland, that I was selling in the sale/trade thread, but one of my friends in Old Corpse Road bought it off me, as I was averting the list on more than one forum. He sent me a message saying he loves it, so perhaps I was missing something.
Quote by AnnihiSlateR
Really don't think they are anything special. They aren't bad as such, but I could never really get excited by them. There was nothing to make them stand out.

I did have a physical coy of Snowland, that I was selling in the sale/trade thread, but one of my friends in Old Corpse Road bought it off me, as I was averting the list on more than one forum. He sent me a message saying he loves it, so perhaps I was missing something.

I didnt think they were anything special either Anni. Try the newest one though, it changed my mind. It's something else.
Quote by MoogleRancha

"I AM metal"
Quote by dminishedthingy
It's quite pretty, I'm enjoying Snowland.

...and Grim Bizkit returns
HESSIAN HAREM
FOR THE ADVANCEMENT OF THE HESSIAN CULTURE. STAY TRUE.
Quote by severed-metal
Probably just a heat flash, you eggless old woman

And you're probably just crabby from being knocked-up, hussy
Philosophy > Life
Quote by Burning_Angel
I didnt think they were anything special either Anni. Try the newest one though, it changed my mind. It's something else.

Will do.

I stuck Snowland on this morning on my way home from my girlfirends. It was better than I remembered it being, Some pretty nice riffs, and the synth was better than I remembered, but the Abbath-esque vocals really put me off, and the production in general almost kills it for me. I think if it was rerecorded with a different vocal stlye, it could be great.

edit: Got the new one on now.

Definitely an improvement. The Production is pretty decent too which is nice.
Last edited by AnnihiSlateR at Aug 28, 2011,
I can't remember which album I listened to by Sorcier, but I wasn't too keen on it either; guess I have to check out the new one.
Quote by Senor Kristian
Viking fact no. 1: Viking helmets did not have horn.
Viking fact no. 2: Vikings tobogganed on their shields into battle.
Viking fact no. 3: Vikings drank mead.
Viking fact no. 4: One of your ancestors are likely to have been raped by a viking.
Quote by AnnihiSlateR
Will do.

I stuck Snowland on this morning on my way home from my girlfirends. It was better than I remembered it being, Some pretty nice riffs, and the synth was better than I remembered, but the Abbath-esque vocals really put me off, and the production in general almost kills it for me. I think if it was rerecorded with a different vocal stlye, it could be great.

edit: Got the new one on now.

Definitely an improvement. The Production is pretty decent too which is nice.

I think the production is awesome, but it definitely leaves room for improvement. Especially in the drum sound department.

I like the focus'dness and honesty found in the newest one most, I think. That's what makes it so good.
Quote by MoogleRancha

"I AM metal"
I just checked a few tracks from Snowland, this is definately something I would enjoy
HESSIAN HAREM
FOR THE ADVANCEMENT OF THE HESSIAN CULTURE. STAY TRUE.