I'm looking at buying a sitar. A couple of the sitars on Amazon have the weight listed as 100 and 116 pounds. This seems way too heavy. Anybody know how much a sitar such as this would weigh?

http://www.activemusician.com/item--MD.STRSN-D
"The man that hath no music in himself, nor is not moved with concord of sweet sounds, is fit for treasons, stratagems, and spoils. The motions of his spirit are dull as night, and his affections dark as Erebus. Let no such man be trusted."
Probably 6-10 lbs, roughly the same as a guitar. Typically they will raise the shipping weight if something is physically large. Basically, they'd charge a shipping & handling rate equivalent to that of a 100lb item.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
Quote by DaddyTwoFoot
Probably 6-10 lbs, roughly the same as a guitar. Typically they will raise the shipping weight if something is physically large. Basically, they'd charge a shipping & handling rate equivalent to that of a 100lb item.

oh ok, thanks man
"The man that hath no music in himself, nor is not moved with concord of sweet sounds, is fit for treasons, stratagems, and spoils. The motions of his spirit are dull as night, and his affections dark as Erebus. Let no such man be trusted."
Quote by DaddyTwoFoot

This man is correct. My sitar weighs roughly somewhere in between the weight of an electric and acoustic.
Quote by DaddyTwoFoot

Mailman's gonna be pumped as hell when he realizes one of his "100 pounds" quota boxes is like 8 pounds.
****ing solid lead sitar
The illegality of cannabis is outrageous, an impediment to full utilization of a drug which helps produce the serenity and insight, sensitivity and fellowship so desperately needed in this increasingly mad and dangerous world.
- Carl Sagan