Theistfags, don't answer. I already know your side of the story.

Athiests, AA theory believers, any ideas;thoughts?
The illegality of cannabis is outrageous, an impediment to full utilization of a drug which helps produce the serenity and insight, sensitivity and fellowship so desperately needed in this increasingly mad and dangerous world.
- Carl Sagan
They didn't have the technology or abilities to explain natural occurrences like the passing from day to night, seasons, weather etc.
Quote by Dirge Humani
Nothing you have ever posted has made me like you.

Nothing I have ever posted has been intended to make you like me.
Now, with that being said. Suck a dick bitch.

Quote by jburde
They didn't have the technology or abilities to explain natural occurrences like the passing from day to night, seasons, weather etc.

I know, that's obvious. But what drove them to think it was an omniscient being?
That's what perplexes me
The illegality of cannabis is outrageous, an impediment to full utilization of a drug which helps produce the serenity and insight, sensitivity and fellowship so desperately needed in this increasingly mad and dangerous world.
- Carl Sagan
Last edited by SKArface McDank at Aug 27, 2011,
It's the simplest answer. I guess it does seem logical when you don't have modern technology; they couldn't explain many things. Organised religion spread because of powerful people and because of the lack of other explanations, but I don't know very much religious history, so my last statement can't be validated, and I know that I could be wrong.
I haven't visited UG in months...

(Invalid img)
Quote by imdeth
You're like internet Jesus!

This signature feels so empty now.
It's pretty much got the same origins as science; people just wanted to explain the world. Science just actually makes sense n' shit.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
Quote by slipknot5678
It's the simplest answer. I guess it does seem logical when you don't have modern technology; they couldn't explain many things. Organised religion spread because of powerful people and because of the lack of other explanations, but I don't know very much religious history, so my last statement can't be validated, and I know that I could be wrong.

No, you are correct.

The Pope and the Roman Catholic church spread so much propaganda to keep themselves in ruling power as a government, and fear-mongered everywhere they went about Hell and Satan if you didn't believe in God.