I have an older 2002 made in Korea Epiphone Les Paul. I heard that the made in Korea Epiphone LP are of better quality than the newer ones that are made in China. Is that true? And how much do you think I could sell it for on eBay or craigslist?
Yes and no, there were some real gems that came out of Korea, but also many lemons. The same goes for the newer Chinese ones, you can find good and bad ones.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Most of the experts couldn't tell where they were made - if it wasn't written on the guitars......

why don't just rate the guitar - and not the place where it was made
Quote by paruwi
Most of the experts couldn't tell where they were made - if it wasn't written on the guitars......

The Korean Epiphones on average had a much better quality control rating. I had a '97 LP Standard and you couldn't tell that it was 13 years old.
the ones made in china the first year they did them there did have some issues but they have steadily improved. i think you'll find this true no matter where they are made in asia. china has made some pretty decent guitars in the last few years.
You'd have thought that considering everything is made in China, they'd have a knack for making things perfectly.
Quote by CrazyPigeon
The Korean Epiphones on average had a much better quality control rating. I had a '97 LP Standard and you couldn't tell that it was 13 years old.

opinion based on the one guitar you had.....

the OEM plants did have better quality-control than the Gibson/Epi owned plants,
where exclusively Epis are made.............

Quote by paruwi

I could.

TS being made in Korea wont make the resale value any better buddy.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Quote by Tom 1.0
I could.

TS being made in Korea wont make the resale value any better buddy.

so could i and i'm no expert.

but yeah, nobody is gonna pay any more for a used epiphone from 2002 than they would for a used 2011 epi. where it's made isn't really relevant.

@paruwi: ok, explain this - why would the fact gibson/epiphone owns a factory mean it has better quality control than any other factory? be rational.
Rig Winter 2017:

Fender Jazzmaster/Yamaha SG1000
Boss TU-3, DS-2, CS-3, EHX small stone, Danelectro delay
Laney VC30-112 with G12H30 speaker, or Session Rockette 30 for smaller gigs
Elixir Nanoweb 11-49 strings, Dunlop Jazz III XL picks
Shure SM57 mic in front of the amp