First off, I didn't want to put this under Gear Ads since I'm not trying to sell it to UGers, but sorry if I'm in the wrong place.

Second, I'm selling my Epiphone Viola Bass on Craigslist. It's been up for a month and I've gotten three responses: one who hasn't contacted me back in a week, one who wanted to pay with a cashier check and claimed that their mover would pick up the bass (I see you troll), and only one serious buyer. The bass was up for $280 USD, I lowered it to $260 because I recently noticed that they go for $300 retail (rather than $320 the last time I checked). The bass is in pristine condition, except for one tiny little paint nick. The serious buyer told me that I may not get any hits if I'm only selling it for 10-15% off of new. He said he would sell it for $200.
I'm not hurting for money, but is he right? What would you pay for a one year old viola bass with a tiny paint nick?
I think you can definitely get $200, maybe a little more (or say more and get talked down to 200.) I wouldn't ask for less than that unless you are hurting for money.

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
When selling mint used, expect 50% of new, hope to get 60%, and ask for a little more in anticipation of getting haggled down.
Ask for 220 and then bring it down to 200 if needed.
Quote by skater dan0
Damn you and your ninja-like modding
Sure, he's right.

Doesn't matter what the condition is, if you're only selling it for $20-$40 less than a new one, then people are just going to save up that little bit more and buy the new one instead.
Quote by SteveHouse
This thread is officially about sucking Sleaze off for a sig.

Quote by tayroar
Hey Sleaze I'll give you a blowjob if you sig me. Maybe even some nudey photos?

Quote by crazy8rgood

Sleaze, that made me lulz in my pants.

Quote by 36mikeyb36
hahaha Sleaze i'd give you my mom for that one.
Plus, you will get an enormous amount of "tire kickers" on Craigslist. I've sold several items there and it takes patience and yes, realistic pricing. And right now its a buyer's rather than a sellers market.
Quote by anarkee
Plus, you will get an enormous amount of "tire kickers" on Craigslist. I've sold several items there and it takes patience and yes, realistic pricing. And right now its a buyer's rather than a sellers market.

I keep hearing people mention this (so you're hardly alone), but it's never happened to me for some reason.

Anyone that came over to try something out has at least bought one item, and I've sold more stuff on craigslist than I can remember. Maybe it's because I tend to buy used for pretty cheap and then turn around and sell for pretty cheap.