I've been in the market for a telecaster recently and stumbled upon a vintage brand v62. I played it up next to some mim fenders and the vintage played much better. I looked at the price tag and was surprised to see its only $350! I have some nicer guitars, but i'm wanting my first tele style guitar and I don't want to invest a ton of money into something like an american deluxe. Any opinions on the vintage brand as a whole? Any horror stories i need to be aware of? Any insight or other suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
I like them, I think they're under-rated.

For $350 you really can't go wrong.
Quote by SimplyBen
That's the advantage of being such a distance from Yianni. I can continue to live my life without fear of stumbling upon his dark terror.

Quote by Toppscore
NakedInTheRain aka "Naked with shriveled pencil sized bacon In The Rain"
Thanks for the feedback! The price really surprised me. How do you like your RGA?
It's a whole lot of guitar for the price I paid for it, would go as far to say as being one of the easiest/comfortable guitars i've ever played. If you get a chance try the new 11' model, I think you'd be surprised.

All the best man
Quote by SimplyBen
That's the advantage of being such a distance from Yianni. I can continue to live my life without fear of stumbling upon his dark terror.

Quote by Toppscore
Quote by Dio10101
review section might be useful here

First place I went, no one has reviewed any of the telecaster style models.
vintage is the way to go.
they hold their value and only tend to raise in price plus the woods have aged.

all sillynes aside. i played one the cheaper end les pauls and i found the playability pretty good compared to my own gibson les paul. wasn't too happy with the pickups when i played it though.
Thanks for the feedback. The pickups were my only gripe with the v62 today as well, however the mim fender pickups were poop too. Glad to see that other people like them, i really wish they weren't branded "Vintage" it makes google searches more complicated than they should be lol.
I always thought they used Wilkinson Pickups on the Vintage's?

Either way a good set of DiMarzio's or Duncan's will do you great.
Quote by SimplyBen

Quote by Toppscore
Vintage are a pretty good alternative to epiphone because what you're getting is essentially something the same level of quality as an epi with marginally better hardware, for less money (in the UK, anyway - not sure if they are cheaper anywhere else)

Was it used? most vintage models have wilkinson pickups but that's only a fairly recent upgrade to the specs (2008 maybe?). the pickups they had before were pretty crappy.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
They make a kick-ass goldtop Les Paul for like $500, thanks for reminding me about Vintage
Quote by SimplyBen

Quote by Toppscore
This did have wilkinson pups, they just seemed a bit thin to me. But then again, the amp i was playing through was pretty crappy, so i'll put them through their paces at home when i get it. Either way, you guys are helping me feel more secure about this being a good purchase. I'll try to have a proper NGD thread when i get it. Any recommendations on replacement pup models if i decide i want them? I really appreciate the help so far guys. How do you like that baja blompcube? I hear those things are ridiculous.
Nope, go for it
Quote by SimplyBen

Quote by Toppscore
i bought a vintage SGcopy, and i love it, it plays nice, feels really sturdy, and sounds great!
(for its price of 300&euro
so if you like it, i'd say, go for it!
Quote by Freth
i bought a vintage SGcopy, and i love it, it plays nice, feels really sturdy, and sounds great!
(for its price of 300&euro
so if you like it, i'd say, go for it!

Thanks for the response! So far everything has been positive so it looks like i'll pull the trigger on it. Either way i think the price will be going up in the coming years so I don't think resale would be an issue.
Quote by a_hub10
How do you like that baja blompcube? I hear those things are ridiculous.

I love it - i use it for pretty much everything. hugely thick baseball-bat neck, though - i like that, and chose the baja over a lot of higher end teles because of it, but it's not to everyone's taste. still a great sounding tele for the money, though.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
I got the V62 today. I'll be posting a proper NGD after the new gear syndrome wears off.
Quote by a_hub10
I got the V62 today. I'll be posting a proper NGD after the new gear syndrome wears off.

POST IT NOW
Quote by italiarlz135
POST IT NOW

I'll try to do it as soon as possible. I had it shipped to my work, I can't even open it for 8 hours. The suspense is killer.