Do people think this is a fake or not

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PRS-PAUL-ALLENDER-SIGNATURE-SE-ELECTRIC-GUITAR-/220827474958?pt=UK_Musical_Instruments_Guitars_CV&hash=item336a57dc0e#ht_500wt_951

the bat inlays are off compared to this

http://www.guitarandampshop.co.uk/acatalog/PRsPaulAllenderPurple.gif

and every other image I search for, also the guitar head on the ebay image is missing something where the neck starts that is on the other image.

The other image is the 2010 model, I know there was one before but I don't know how much they change the design. I thought it was just new colours and maybe electrical things that were changed.
As far as I can tell, yes, that guitar is real. I remember the first run they did of the paul allender and that looks just like it. The differences between the first run and the new one are the emg's and the silver hardware instead of the humbuckers and the gold hardware on the old one. I'm no expert, but if that guitar is fake then it's pretty convincing.
Just a warning: the emgs on the reissue are terrible imo. The old pickups were lovely, but the new ones are crap.try before you buy, because you might not like them.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
who pays five hundred fucking dollars for a burger
You're right about the inlays. As a general rule, if you have even the slightest doubt, then don't buy it.
My local guitar shop used to have a 'rogues gallery' of dodgy eBay buys including one Slash Snakepit LP that was essentially a cheap LP copy (Encore or some-such) with a badly made headstock decal and some really really dodgy loose inlays.
You could always message the seller and get the serial number then contact PRS. Most guitar companies, especially ones as relatively high and as PRS will be more than happy to help you prevent fakes.
Quote by jayscrivener
If I was making fake guitars, I don't think I would bother with an SE.

Valid point, however i've seen fake squier strat copies in the past. I'm not sure how they were even making money off of those.

To ts: I believe its probably legit, but i would ask for the serial number. Most of the time if its a fake they wont even bother responding to you.
Quote by jasonpsmith_87
You're right about the inlays. As a general rule, if you have even the slightest doubt, then don't buy it.
My local guitar shop used to have a 'rogues gallery' of dodgy eBay buys including one Slash Snakepit LP that was essentially a cheap LP copy (Encore or some-such) with a badly made headstock decal and some really really dodgy loose inlays.
You could always message the seller and get the serial number then contact PRS. Most guitar companies, especially ones as relatively high and as PRS will be more than happy to help you prevent fakes.

I messaged the seller about my issue and thought about checking the serial number but never thought of asking for it. I'll do that now.
So what are peoples thoughts on the guitar in general/PRS. Does anyone here own one or played one?
Quote by guitarist364
So what are peoples thoughts on the guitar in general/PRS. Does anyone here own one or played one?

PRS are fantastic. New Allender sigs are bad, and old ones are very nice.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
Quote by guitarist364

In general i've never been a fan of the se line, but i played a torero (i think) recently and it was actually very nice for the price.
The SE line is really nice for the price you pay. I have played the old Santana/Tremonti SE and they were very nice, not USA PRS, but very nice.

EDIT: THAT IS DEF A FAKE the head stock is too wide. The tuners are missaligned also.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Last edited by Robbgnarly at Aug 27, 2011,
So it looks like a good thing I was more observant then.

OK anymore experience with the SE range, particularly the new Allender one. Also I'm in the UK what amp would you recommend for around £60?
Quote by Robbgnarly
The SE line is really nice for the price you pay. I have played the old Santana/Tremonti SE and they were very nice, not USA PRS, but very nice.

EDIT: THAT IS DEF A FAKE the head stock is too wide. The tuners are missaligned also.

I wondered if it was a stock purple burst that they have try to pass as an allender. The burst doesn't even look like it has any pattern. Don't think I'll be bidding on that one.
Quote by guitarist364
So it looks like a good thing I was more observant then.

OK anymore experience with the SE range, particularly the new Allender one. Also I'm in the UK what amp would you recommend for around £60?

If your willing to spend 500ish GBP on a guitar, you need to spend more than 60 GBP on an amp.

Look at a modeling amp for your first amp, they have loads of tone in a littl package. Vox,Fender,Roland,Peavey,Line 6 all make them and for the prices you get alot for very little. Up your budget to @250 for the amp and you'll get mush better tone than one going for 60
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Not only does it look like a fake, but it's so ugly that I wouldn't buy it even if it was real (to be honest, though, I wouldn't buy the real one, either).
Quote by SteveHouse
This thread is officially about sucking Sleaze off for a sig.

Quote by tayroar
Hey Sleaze I'll give you a blowjob if you sig me. Maybe even some nudey photos?

Quote by crazy8rgood

Sleaze, that made me lulz in my pants.

Quote by 36mikeyb36
hahaha Sleaze i'd give you my mom for that one.
Quote by Robbgnarly
If your willing to spend 500ish GBP on a guitar, you need to spend more than 60 GBP on an amp.

Look at a modeling amp for your first amp, they have loads of tone in a littl package. Vox,Fender,Roland,Peavey,Line 6 all make them and for the prices you get alot for very little. Up your budget to @250 for the amp and you'll get mush better tone than one going for 60

I know £60 isn't much and won't get an amazing one but its a temporary thing, so what would be the best for that price that you could recommend
Quote by Sleaze Disease
Not only does it look like a fake, but it's so ugly that I wouldn't buy it even if it was real (to be honest, though, I wouldn't buy the real one, either).

Thats nice to know but doesn't really help me
Quote by guitarist364

You asked if we thought it was fake.

I said that I thought it was fake.

How is that not answering your question?
Quote by SteveHouse
This thread is officially about sucking Sleaze off for a sig.

Quote by tayroar
Hey Sleaze I'll give you a blowjob if you sig me. Maybe even some nudey photos?

Quote by crazy8rgood

Sleaze, that made me lulz in my pants.

Quote by 36mikeyb36
hahaha Sleaze i'd give you my mom for that one.
Quote by guitarist364

If something looks fake, it's probably fake.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
Look at the Fender mustang 1 it's 91 GBP at Andertons. the Line 6 spider gets lots of haters here, but they also have it for 79 GBP with a free foot controler . Those are about as cheap as I would dare to go, or you'll end up hating that you got someting even cheaper.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by Sleaze Disease
You asked if we thought it was fake.

I said that I thought it was fake.

How is that not answering your question?

You said "...to be honest, though, I wouldn't buy the real one, either..." but yes the first bit confirms my suspitions
Quote by Robbgnarly
Look at the Fender mustang 1 it's 91 GBP at Andertons. the Line 6 spider gets lots of haters here, but they also have it for 79 GBP with a free foot controler . Those are about as cheap as I would dare to go, or you'll end up hating that you got someting even cheaper.

That sounds good I'll look into that, any other. If I said to up the budget to £100 would there be any other recommendations?
OK I got the serial he says its 10 167610 I think that sounds ok :S. He is gonna send some pictures but honestly I think I'm gonna pass on it, it just looks wrong :/
Quote by guitarist364
OK I got the serial he says its 10 167610 I think that sounds ok :S. He is gonna send some pictures but honestly I think I'm gonna pass on it, it just looks wrong :/

From what I've seen in the thread so far, it's a pretty obvious fake.

Even if the serial number is legitimate, that doesn't mean the guitar is.
Quote by Pac_man0123
From what I've seen in the thread so far, it's a pretty obvious fake.

Even if the serial number is legitimate, that doesn't mean the guitar is.

Thats what I thought too. The PRS website has a guide for serial numbers so it could be he just looked and made one up.

I just thought the 10 stands for 2010 but was 2010 not the mark 2 models and they only come in green or red. I'm sure I read that somewhere. Kind of make sense when you look at the pickups the purple ones have the one with dots.
SE models serial numbers start with a K, US models start with the year that they were made.
After looking at the headstock pics (backside) I´m positive that this is a fake, they dont put the serial numbers on the top like the US models.
Last edited by sstony at Aug 28, 2011,
Well I'm steering clear and have reported to ebay just to make sure, wouldn't want someone to be scammed
Can't you ask for a close-up on the inlays, just for fun? They look so god damn ugly that I wouldn't be surpised if they were hand painted or something. Look nothing like the ones PRS uses. But I don't know, maybe they have an older guitar series with f**kugly inlays.
Quote by MetalMullet
Can't you ask for a close-up on the inlays, just for fun? They look so god damn ugly that I wouldn't be surpised if they were hand painted or something. Look nothing like the ones PRS uses. But I don't know, maybe they have an older guitar series with f**kugly inlays.

I asked the guy so here's hoping I get close up pics. I thought they looked painted too hahaha
I actually own one of the newer models of the PRS Paul Allender SE guitar. I got mine in red burst and its actually really good. I've always wanted to get one of the older models because of the purple burst, but this one you've linked from ebay doesn't look exactly like the ones I was looking at a year back. Other than that the newer Paul Allender models don't disappoint.