Hello, I recently purchased a Squire stratocaster guitar which came bundled with the Sp-10 mini amp. When I got the two I wasn't expecting to be impressed with their quality being that they were a beginners gear. I was actually surprised with the squire as it was better than I had expected yet the Sp-10 amp fell below my already low expectations. Now I love the fact that it is small and easy to store in a small area but I simply can't make due with it's lacking features. As it only has Master Volume, Bass, and Treble. Problem is I love to play in the Metal genre. Crossing the area between all that remains and Whitechapel. Now you might find this quite hard to do when all your working with is max bass and no gain. I'm relatively new to playing electric guitar as I've been playing acoustic for 3 years and electric for about half a year. So my question is what are some good amps that are small in size like the Sp-10 but also have quality distortion settings to get a great sound.

Oh and hopefully something that won't make my wallet leave me.
If your playing whitechapel and all that remains some variation of the roland cube will be your best bet.
Both seem like fine suggestions the Roland Micro cube does sound promising assuming I can get it for a good price.
Fender mustang 1, Roland cube 20x, Vox vt-20+, peavy vypry 15.
Guitars: Fender FSR Standard Strat, Squire Affinity Strat, Epiphone Nighthawk
Amps: Vox AC15C1, Roland Cube 15x, Peavey KB-1
Pedals: Digitech RP355, HD500, Joyo AC-Tone, EHX Soul Food
Last edited by kutless999 at Aug 27, 2011,
Im In the exact same boat. Love the guitar but I rarely have it plugged in to the SP-10 amp as it sounds awful
Vox VT20+

What kutless999 posted are good choices too. You can use the modeling amps to get your groove on.
Parker PDF30
Vox VT40+

click on the pic

You may want to stick a boost in front of it.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
roland cube
blackstar ht1/5
peavey vyper
line 6 pod
get an interface for a computer and download reaper and free amp vst stuff.
Live Rig
Michael Kelly Custom Shop Plum Telecaster
Michael Kelly Custom Shop Plum Patriot

EVH 5153 50w
Jet City 2x12
Custom Board

It is NOT trash metal it is tHrash metal...get it right
Quote by Cathbard

click on the pic

You may want to stick a boost in front of it.

I really doubt it can do br00tz without a proper distortion pedal........

BTW is it a hybrid? Its got only two 12AX7's. I doubt it can get more gain than a Fender HRD or something without SS parts
Last edited by GS LEAD 5 at Aug 27, 2011,
Carvin V3m combo.
Ibanez RGR421EXFM, Michael Kelley Vex NV, Ovation Celebrity. Carvin V3
Peavey 412M w/Eminence Wizards & Swamp Thangs, Rocktron Hush Super C, Furman PL-8C,15 band EQ, Boosta grande, ISP Decimator, Dano EQ, Ibanez TBX 150,TC Elec Polytune