Hi guys, I am Marco, and I want advice for some book(not magazine) that explain you how improve your guitar-playing, with something of theory and example.
As theory I don't know a lot about scale and I want to know more about the guitar techniques(Palm Muting, sweep picking etc...).

Thanks for you help!
I like Sheets of Sound for Guitar by Jack Zucker, but it might be a little advanced for you. I dunno.

It doesn't go into theory very much (although it touches on it at points), but it's full of scales and patterns and techniques.

I learned theory at school, and picked up where we left off afterward, so I can't really recommend any beginner theory books.
matt smiths chop shop is a great book.
Quote by BlackVoid
Every guitar and bass forum I've visited has some people chasing some magical tone that will shoot jizzing unicorns riding on a rainbow out of their amp.
Quote by Holy Katana
I like Sheets of Sound for Guitar by Jack Zucker, but it might be a little advanced for you. I dunno.

It doesn't go into theory very much (although it touches on it at points), but it's full of scales and patterns and techniques.

I learned theory at school, and picked up where we left off afterward, so I can't really recommend any beginner theory books.

Great, thank you, in fact I haven't so much time to learn theory I play just for fun, but have a little bit of knowledge about music-theory is necessary, isn't it??

But I forgot one thing that maybe can help you, I like listen metal music, so maybe there is some difference.....
Quote by Mark1433
Great, thank you, in fact I haven't so much time to learn theory I play just for fun, but have a little bit of knowledge about music-theory is necessary, isn't it??

But I forgot one thing that maybe can help you, I like listen metal music, so maybe there is some difference.....

The book is geared more toward jazz players, but it's applicable to anything, really. He has a method of fingering scales in the book that feels really uncomfortable at first, but once you get the hang of it, you play incredibly smoothly.

A more metal-oriented one would be Speed Mechanics for Lead Guitar by Troy Stetina, although it's kinda dated. He's written more recent books, though.