We are a teenage band in secondary school, 13 but two of us nearly 14, and we would like to know a place that would let us play (Battle of the Bands or whatever) in our local area, Solihull/Birmingham.
We are mainly a cover band but are in the process of finishing our original songs. We cover Punk/Pop-Punk bands such as Green Day and Blink 182.

Thanks in advance !
Do you know other bands from school? If they are gigging then ask them. You may find it hard to find a place to play at your age so it might be worth arranging something yourselves with other bands who you know. I don't know about Birmingham and Solihull, but Nuneaton has The Kit Kat Club that has a mixture of ages playing. You may have something similar in your area, you might even be able to play The Kit Kat club.
Yupp, Myshadow46_2's right, asking around your school is a great place to start. There's bound to be some older students in a band that can give you some helpful advice and some contacts
Yeah we played at a charity thing at school with an older band so i will ask them when school start, thanks for the advice.
Can someone explain to me exactly what an open mic is ? do you just turn up with your instruments and play until you run out of material or what ?

sorry for all of the questions ;P
Quote by DomWhite1998
Yeah we played at a charity thing at school with an older band so i will ask them when school start, thanks for the advice.
Can someone explain to me exactly what an open mic is ? do you just turn up with your instruments and play until you run out of material or what ?

sorry for all of the questions ;P

It depends on the individual open mic night. Some will allow you a set amount of time, 15-30 minutes. Some you have to get there and sign up for a "time slot" and you play that time period (again ranging in time). And then some you can go to and play until someone else wants to.

You have to ask the venues how they run things.
you'd be surprised how many bars will let you in if all you're doing is playing. i'm not 18 and i have never had trouble playing shows at 18+ venues
American Circus
Like the White Stripes, RHCP, or Cage the Elephant? Check out mah band!
Quote by Myshadow46_2
Unless he's your namesake, I see you've contacted Ann-Kristine at the Kit-Kat club. Did you follow up that post i.e. are you going to play? I live just around the corner so might check it out if you are.

Yeah, i spoke to her on facebook, they are getting free slots after new year so she said we should be able to play then. Thanks alot for telling me about there !