Page 1 of 2
http://www.swtor.com/

I would like to open fourm on this topic. I have been following this game from a distance since development.

This is a general topic discussion.

What do you think?
Will you get it?
Excited?
Think it will suck?
Think it will do as good as WoW?
Will you go sith or jedi?
ect
Blues, classical, metal. Who says you cant love all 3?
It won't be as good as the first movie.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
lol @ sithfags

you all probably just sit around and watch episode 2 all day

because you're all fags
Click here to hear my BOB DYLAN (Blowing in the Wind) out right now May 2k17
Really interested.

I don't think there's enough time or money in my life for an MMO though.
Quote by PowerOfGlove
boop beep bap boop

is this all you post?
Current Stage Gear
Ibanez 1987 RG550 Road Flare Red(66th one ever made)
HD500 Pedal
Bugera Vintage 22

Quote by metaldood91
Hi. Can someone tell me which guitars are real 24 fret guitars and which are just 22 fret guitars with 2 extra frets added on?
Was interested at first, but some of the announcements they've made have put me off a bit. I understand a limited release won't be breaking servers, but it feels a bit of a cheap shot for those who may have been waiting a few years to find out they have to wait a few more months because Bioware control the flow of sales. It does look good but I'd wait a year or so to get some established content going up since I doubt there'll be much in the way of end-game content. I'm a long term WoW player so I'm used to having a crap load of stuff to do in the game.

If I get it, I'll be going Sith most likely, class I've not decided on. It might be as good as WoW, eventually, but they need to do a lot of work to reach that point.
I'd rather KotoR III. Most definitely actually. I hate MMO's with passion as I'm out of high school, thus don't have nearly as much time necessary to devote to such a game style.

Shifting from an RPG to a MMO experience was a bad move imo. What made KotoR I & II so good were the story line and how well they would pull the player in, the graphics were sub par, the game play was old and stale, but the story is what made it game of the year.. This new Old republic game admittedly got me hyped when I first heard of it, but then I came to realisation that it will do what WoW did to the Warcraft series. The high note that Warcraft III and Frozen throne left was f#cking awesome... Then they just f@cked away the story and everything that was good about it to make some completely accessible game to everyone.

Illidan and Arthas turned into jokes, and so will Revan and Dark Malik or whenever this game is set.. I hate it so much, because I loved these games (Kotor I and II & Warcraft series).
Quote by Mr.-Bungle
I'd rather KotoR III. Most definitely actually. I hate MMO's with passion as I'm out of high school, thus don't have nearly as much time necessary to devote to such a game style.

Shifting from an RPG to a MMO experience was a bad move imo. What made KotoR I & II so good were the story line and how well they would pull the player in, the graphics were sub par, the game play was old and stale, but the story is what made it game of the year.. This new Old republic game admittedly got me hyped when I first heard of it, but then I came to realisation that it will do what WoW did to the Warcraft series. The high note that Warcraft III and Frozen throne left was f#cking awesome... Then they just f@cked away the story and everything that was good about it to make some completely accessible game to everyone.

Illidan and Arthas turned into jokes, and so will Revan and Dark Malik or whenever this game is set.. I hate it so much, because I loved these games (Kotor I and II & Warcraft series).

u mad
Quote by ThatDarnDavid
u mad

he flamin' mad
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
one thing that worries me about the game is items. i dont know how they work but from what i have seen it is just a bunch of light sabers. one cool thing about WoW is that you keep changing the way you look and gear.
Quote by Mr.-Bungle

I JUST GRADUATED HIGHSCHOOL AND IM TAKING MY GUITAR TO SOUTH CAROLINA TO SIT ON THE BEACH AND ANNOY PEOPLE in other words.
Quote by ThatDarnDavid
I JUST GRADUATED HIGHSCHOOL AND IM TAKING MY GUITAR TO SOUTH CAROLINA TO SIT ON THE BEACH AND ANNOY PEOPLE in other words.

that was ultimate.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Quote by Mr.-Bungle

I'd probably have to agree with this. The storys in the two KotOR games were phenominal. Storys in MMO's are fragmented and impossible to follow. In the time that I played WoW (long enough to reach level 80 and play a few raids) I came to understand that arthus went mad and became the lich king, and that he commands the scourge, and that's about it. I don't even know how accurate that is.
Quote by Butt Rayge
I'd probably have to agree with this. The storys in the two KotOR games were phenominal. Storys in MMO's are fragmented and impossible to follow. In the time that I played WoW (long enough to reach level 80 and play a few raids) I came to understand that arthus went mad and became the lich king, and that he commands the scourge, and that's about it. I don't even know how accurate that is.

In fairness, that's pretty much accurate.
Quote by ThatDarnDavid
just wanted to pop in to say this is the worst thread ever. have a nice day

Now be nice, your thread isn't that bad.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Quote by RockGuitarist09
They should make it for ps3's and xboxs imo

But how would you do anything with those pitiful control options?
After playing Galaxies I can't possibly believe it's gonna be as worse as that.
I mean, as long as it's not completley broken after so many revamps i guess they should consider it okay.
I WOULD like to play a Kotor III as it's own game- i also think an MMO wouldn't be as fun an experince for eople who played the Kotors and want to continue the storyline.
I'm gonna play a trial for sure, and hope it doesn't suck.

EDIT: I am getting excited every time i watch a video on their site- it looks really cool.
I think the chat options, actually voiced player characters, and the "random pary talker" thingie are really cool ideas.
Tis a sig
Last edited by Firebirdz at Aug 27, 2011,
Mr.Bungle is very mad. Very mad indeed. I want KotoR III. I want a plane ticket to south carolina!

Or not.
Quote by Butt Rayge

Thing is though, they're putting A LOT of focus into the story of TOR, what with the full voiced cutscenes and even your character having full spoken dialogue.

It probably was no doubt a bad move shifting to MMO, but it really is looking to be more than the standard WoW experience, and i'm willing to bet it will still hold some of that flame of KOTOR
I got an invite for the beta awhile ago. I've been playing the shit out of it.
Sail upon the open skies
Quote by Ichikurosaki
Thing is though, they're putting A LOT of focus into the story of TOR, what with the full voiced cutscenes and even your character having full spoken dialogue.

It probably was no doubt a bad move shifting to MMO, but it really is looking to be more than the standard WoW experience, and i'm willing to bet it will still hold some of that flame of KOTOR

Actually I remember seeing/reading this, now. Should be a lot better than your average MMO storytelling, then.

Not to mention it's fucking Star Wars.
And it's Bioware, they do not disappoint.
Quote by Ichikurosaki
sloth is hacking away feebly at the grass because he is a sloth but he was trying so hard ;_; hes all "penguin im HERE i am here to help you penguin"
It's pretty lame that for some quest you need to have large groups with very different unitclasses.
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
I have preordered this. Can't wait, only a few more days!

Anyway, to all those going "hurrdurr it mst hav gud storie lul".
This game is actually based around a main storyline.

I'm not saying it will have a great story like the Kotor games, because that's pretty much impossible to get in a MMO. But it will have a main storyline.
Why are people surprised an MMO isn't on a console?
Quote by lolmnt
We're better than Mexico cuz we rule USA USA USA
Got beta access a while ago, but didn't bother trying it. From what I've seen it's an MMO. Seems a bit obvious but people seem to forget that. It's gonna have it's fair share of 'kill x monsters and collect x items' quests. But if you like MMOs and Star Wars then score!
Quote by Mr.-Bungle

I feel precisely the same.
Runescape > The old republic MMO and WoW. Not that I have played Runescape in the last 4 years but it had fantastic quests. In other MMO's you just slash monsters. Kinda lame after a while. I don't think I will play the old republic though, I need to make a bachelorthesis etc in the next year. I will follow the storyline though somewhere.... as it is star wars.
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
Quote by Mr.-Bungle

Dude, take a gander at it. Seriously, it looks really good. My all my housemates have it now and it looks like so much fun.
All I care about is Diablo III
>>-(ಠ_ಠ-<<
>>-(. Y .)-<<
>>> . (<<<
>>-( Y )-<<
Quote by dudetheman
Dude, your fucking sig creeps me out.

Quote by Kosh H
I just noticed his sig too...I feel uncomfortable now...

Quote by WantsLesPaul
Your sig killed my boner _

DIY SO-CAL PUNK LABEL
Page 1 of 2