Okay its getting on my nerves now

i have long big/fat fingers and everytime i do the solo parts in metallica's fade to black. i always hear unwanted ringing noise because my fretting hands keep hitting the string and when i lift off the string at my fretting hand it too gives me that ringing noise.

but maybe it has something to do with my pickups being sensitive or maybe its because i have low action on my .10 gauge string.

Is this normal? Can you guys help me out?
Don't lift your finger off the string, relax your finger and let it come off the string on its own.
Speed is a by-product of shut the fuck up.
It's not about how fat or stubby your fingers are, I've got straight up sausages dude. It's just a matter of technique and practicing playing cleanly. Slow it all down to where you can do it without extra noise, then slowly speed it up keeping the exact same movements and cleanness to it.
Quote by Aleksi
Don't lift your finger off the string, relax your finger and let it come off the string on its own.

really? how?
it will come with practice, right now you're probably too pissed about the whole thing to really play it properly cause you're trying to hard and tensing your hand up. Relax your hand a little and use your right hand for muting like Flibo said.
Quote by MonsterMetalMus
it will come with practice, right now you're probably too pissed about the whole thing to really play it properly cause you're trying to hard and tensing your hand up. Relax your hand a little and use your right hand for muting like Flibo said.
well right before i was pissed off i still get that ringing noise.

and my another problem is when i bend a string, i accidentally flick the string above the one i was bending
Not sure exactly whats going on but playing very clean is as what everyone here explained and also by muting the string you aren't playing. I tend to mute more with my right hand but sometime you need to use your left hand. hard to explain but try different methods you'll get it.
Quote by PUNKSTER93
really? how?

Well, you have to use your "finger muscles" (actually arm muscles controlling the fingers) to fret a note. When you want to stop a note, you don't use the muscles to lift the finger off the string, this is not only a waste of effort but it can cause your finger to "pick" the string as it comes off and produce unwanted noise.. Instead, you simply stop pushing down with the finger, relax it completely and it will stop fretting the note in such a fashion as to mute the string on its way off.
Speed is a by-product of shut the fuck up.
Quote by Aleksi
Well, you have to use your "finger muscles" (actually arm muscles controlling the fingers) to fret a note. When you want to stop a note, you don't use the muscles to lift the finger off the string, this is not only a waste of effort but it can cause your finger to "pick" the string as it comes off and produce unwanted noise.. Instead, you simply stop pushing down with the finger, relax it completely and it will stop fretting the note in such a fashion as to mute the string on its way off.
It worked! even though i need more practice on that but still it worked! Thanks!

now my other problem is everytime i bend a string i always accidentally rub the string above it making more unwanted noise. how to get rid of that?
With practice, you can minimize the amount of string noise substantially, but there will always be some. Especially on the bridge pickup - and even more so with single coils. The trick is to make the note your playing loud and full enough to drown the string noise.