How long does it take to get good at it?

I totally wanna learn how to do it in a few years, once I'm off this island.
You just open Internet explorer and search something.

Jeez...
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
I do smurfs!
Quote by Athabasca
My ex did the same. Cheated on me and then acted like I'd given her sister a facial. Women are retarded.
Quote by Snowman388
I do smurfs!

Dude, no. That shit's whack, man.
To be vulnerable is needed most of all, if you intend to truly fall apart.

Quote by due 07
You have no idea how much I don't want to tell stories about my mother's vaginal slime on the internet.

I make music sometimes.
It'll take a while.
It's funny how people ask non guitar related questions here, when there's the whole internet to ask where you might get some answers.
The illegality of cannabis is outrageous, an impediment to full utilization of a drug which helps produce the serenity and insight, sensitivity and fellowship so desperately needed in this increasingly mad and dangerous world.
- Carl Sagan
Nobody does surfing.

Lots of people surf though.
Quote by Gorelord666

Katy Perry is a Smurf.
i live in oklahoma......But i used to live in florida and i would skim board like crazy down there....ahh the memories....
I haz gotten gud
Quote by Gorelord666

Smurfette's a good rider.
Quote by Athabasca
My ex did the same. Cheated on me and then acted like I'd given her sister a facial. Women are retarded.
Quote by Marshmelllow
never been surfing

does that make me a bad australian?

Thank god you didn't say 'unaustralian.'
Quote by Marshmelllow
never been surfing

does that make me a bad australian?

Do you like barbecued shrimps?
Quote by EndTheRapture51
who pays five hundred fucking dollars for a burger
I surfed a bit when I was a kid, but had to stop because of a few injuries. Depending on how often you can go, it'll take a while (about 6-12 months) to be decent at it.
Quote by Vornik
Thanks for the advice. I'm going to put it, along with your other advice, into a book, the pages of which I will then use to wipe my ass.
Quote by SKArface McDank
It'll take a while.
It's funny how people ask non guitar related questions here, when there's the whole internet to ask where you might get some answers.

Maybe this is the only/favorite forum he visits.
"Could everyone please stop sounding like everyone else that's trying to sound like meshuggah?"

-Emil Werstler

Quote by damian_91
Kurt Cobain, the best guitarist to ever live.

Quote by dann_blood
I surfed a bit when I was a kid, but had to stop because of a few injuries. Depending on how often you can go, it'll take a while (about 6-12 months) to be decent at it.

So...it's kind of like...learning an intrument, aye?

Like...oh, I don't know. A guitar?
Quote by Marshmelllow
nope. hate all sea food.

You're not Australian.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
who pays five hundred fucking dollars for a burger
Quote by Philip_pepper
So...it's kind of like...learning an intrument, aye?

Like...oh, I don't know. A guitar?

Nope.
Quote by Vornik
Thanks for the advice. I'm going to put it, along with your other advice, into a book, the pages of which I will then use to wipe my ass.
Only couchsurfing.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
I've done it once. Well, I've tried it once. In 4 hours I had managed to stay on my feet for one wave, after which I realised I was stood too far forward on the board, as it dug nose first into the sand and then so did I
I don't, but it's something I'd like to try to learn some day.

I was in Virginia this past weak, and they were having the East Coast Surfing Championships there. Watching the competition was pretty cool.
I've been a couple of times, and I didn't really get anywhere with it. Still had fun though. It seems like a pretty hard thing to get started at though, cos I've snowboarded about the same amount and I'm a hell of a lot better at snowboarding than I am at surfing (as in, I can stand on the board the whole way down the hill usually).
You're using UG classic, congratulations.
You should be using UG classic.

E-Married to Guitar0Player

http://the llama forum because its gone forever which sucks and I hate it.
I'm a mediocre surfer and I surf whenever I get the chance. I was standing on the board after only two weeks and became a more or less steady surfer in about 2 months, although I surfed almost every day.

My tip for a starting surfer would be that the first thing you should learn is to catch the wave with your board. Start in shallower beaches where the water is up to your breast or a bit higher. You want to learn to feel when to push the board and lay on it. After you master that you can start learning how to push up and stand on the board.

Edit: ^ surfing and snowboarding are very similair in my experience. You might find surfing harder in comparison because of the freedom the waves give you compared to the slope. I am a much better snowboarder then a surfer.

PS - choose a bigger board as a starter
THE SOLE PURPOSE OF THIS SIG IS TO GRAB YOUR ATTENTION TO THIS POST OF UTTER GENIUS
Last edited by Grimriffer at Aug 27, 2011,