Doing pretty well for money as of late so decided to upgrade my rig, instead of my currently 112 combo amp decided I should get a head and cab 4x12 or 2x12 since I'm gigging now.

For the cab I'm gonna get a Marshall, not sure which one but I love Marshall.

So, recommend me a head please guys.

Budget: No more than £1200, prefer to buy new though.

Location: Town in the north of England, can easily get to large cities like Leeds & Manchester.

Genres: Heavily influenced by hard rock/heavy metal so distortion is a must. Want some good tones to make my power chords chuggy and rather sharp solos. Clean's are not vital to be amazing but I like very crisp and clear cleans.
I'm the lead guitarist in a hard rock band, influenced by Guns n Roses, Shinedown, Alter Bridge, Black Stone Cherry and by myself I like to play along to Asking Alexandria, Attack Attack (the heavy metal one that is, there's two Attack Attack's)

Tube only amp please, don't want another solid state amp as they just can't hold up at volume.

Thanks guys
If you want a Marshall, I'd look into a TSL100. Should cover all the ground you need pretty easily.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by Offworld92
If you want a Marshall, I'd look into a TSL100. Should cover all the ground you need pretty easily.

To youtube!

Cheers, I'll check em out.
get to guitar guitar and/or sounds great (sounds great's near manchester, i think, and GG has a range of stores across the north of england). They have a wide range of tube amp heads, and guitar guitar has soundproof booths, too. Obviously ring or email before making a trip if there's anything specific you want to try.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?