On my G&L legacy the single coil pickups make a lot of noise...ik this is supposed to happen but is there any fix to quiet them at least a bit...
Who's your daddy... well not me cuz ur momas ugly

These things are sex transport vehichles woot

This man just got a station wagon.
you could sheild the guitar cavities with copper tape that helps a bit

but for the most part you just have tolive with it or find a place where they dont make as much noise
its a 1200 dollar guitar...so i whats the least invasive action
Who's your daddy... well not me cuz ur momas ugly

These things are sex transport vehichles woot

This man just got a station wagon.
less distortion, stand farther away from your amp, and don't face it, also computers and other electronics will interfere with the pickups
Quote by JD Close
Piano dick had some good parts, but should have said "As the business man slowly gets boned", would have accented the whole dick feeling of the album
Why don't you consult a professional luthier? For a 1200$ guitar I think it's worth
Well first try to disconnect your guitar after you played it a bit and heard the noise. This will confirm the noise comes from the guitar (if the noise goes when you unplug the guitar).
After you confirmed the problem is in the guitar, make sure it's grounded well. Make sure there are no changes in the noise when you play without shoes and touch the strings, and when you don't touch anything conductive on the guitar. (strings, bridge, tuners...)
After you confirmed the ground is fine, the only way for you to go is shielding. That shouldn't cost much if you purchase what you need from stores like Stewmac and do it yourself. You can find information online especially on shielding fenders.
single coils are kinda noisey it's just the way they are. with the volume and or gain turned up you're bound to hear some noise. aside from shielding you can invest in a Hum-X or similar device. your amp plugs into this and it helps eliminate 60 cycle hum which is part of the problem.
Why havnt noiseless single coils been recommended yet?
Better, Faster, Stronger

Kansas City Chiefs

Kansas State Wildcats
Quote by airbrendie
Hey guys in the last 3 weeks I ****ed all the girls in this picture, what do you think?