This thread is generally made for metal fans, but everyone is welcome of course! So, how would you feel if some sort of (let's say death) metal was brought way into the mainstream? Like if all the kids were walking around wearing Angel Corpse shirts humming something from the new Morbid Angel album? Discuss.

This might have been discussed before, but I've just been thinking about it. And I wanted to know your opinions.

EDIT: I chose death metal because metal fans usually consider this to be "true metal" ( )
you're a stone fox
Last edited by Saint78 at Aug 27, 2011,
I would not be able to care less. Much like now.
Quote by Butt Rayge
Pretty sure Jesus was decaffeinated.

I'm just a hedonist without happiness
I have never heard someone, nor tryed myself...to hum Morbid Angel.

Either way, I wouldn't give much of a shit to be honest. For me I blur out the line between underground and sellout, because it's just a stupid pretentious label people throw around to make themselves feel better about what they listen to.
I like what I like, everyone else likes what they like. I would pay no more attention to something I liked or disliked regardless of popularity.
I'm confused about why this would happen since....

... death metal sucks,
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
The new Morbid Angel album kinda sucked, so I'd be bummed if they hummed much from it. Either way, I think it'd be pretty cool, but I wouldn't really care at the same time.

NOTHING HURTS BATMAN!

Quote by dannay
what this man says is correct.

Quote by clemm
WHAT IS THE PIT!?!?!!!!!!?!??
--clemm

n00b
It's not possible.
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
Quote by WCPhils

... death metal sucks,

QFT

281-330-8004, that's my cell phone number, hit me up on the low
I'd hum Cher Lloyd to be a "hipster". Or different.
They made me do push ups in drag

I'm gonna have a really hard time if we're both cannibals and racists.

Don't dress as a whore, he'll thump you.

I'm a firework, primed to go off
Metal heads always complain about how metal isnt mainstream enough compared to pop artists, and yet if it was mainstream they would complain about that too
Quote by Thrill-house
You like Lamb of God, so you're awesome.

Quote by Dopemgs

P.S: You like Lamb of God, so you're awesome

Quote by PsiGuy60
PS. To Conor:
You like Lamb of God, so you're awesome.
[/desperateattempttogetsigged]
People that care if it is mainstream or not only listen to the music because it is mainstream or not

real fans would not care if their fave bands were being listened to by everyone or no one at all
I haz gotten gud
Quote by Saint78
This thread is generally made for metal fans, but everyone is welcome of course! So, how would you feel if some sort of (let's say death) metal was brought way into the mainstream? Like if all the kids were walking around wearing Angel Corpse shirts humming something from the new Morbid Angel album? Discuss.

This might have been discussed before, but I've just been thinking about it. And I wanted to know your opinions.

I'd rather watch Rebecca Black live than have people hum Radikult. Holy crap was that album a dud.
It beats them humming black veil brides or what other abortion the core kids like. I for one welcome out morbid angel loving overloards.
Quote by joshua garcia
I was incredibly drunk and only really remember writing a fanfic where ESP was getting porked by a pony.

Quote by guitar0player
I'd honestly fap to anything with a set of genitals as long as I find it aesthetically appealing.
have you even listened to the new Morbid Angel album TS? if somebody was humming something from the new Morbid Angel album they have no taste.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Last edited by theogonia777 at Aug 27, 2011,
Quote by losing battle
It beats them humming black veil brides or what other abortion the core kids like. I for one welcome out morbid angel loving overloards.

Yeah, I guess it is better than the core kids.

281-330-8004, that's my cell phone number, hit me up on the low
Quote by theogonia777
have you even listened to the new Morbid Angel album TS? if somebody was humming something from the new Morbid Angel album they have no taste.

No, I haven't listened to it yet, the only death metal I listen to is Angel Corpse usually. It was just the first thing that came to mind.
you're a stone fox
Most metalheads would at that point think that everybody that listens to metal besides them is fake. As that would happen with just about any genre that gains mainstream popularity. If it was prog or something I'd be pretty happy, The more the merrier.
BRIAN. SCHNEIDER.
Honestly immagine a worldwhere people listened to morbid angel and cannibal instead of gaga and jay z. Seriously it would be a huge improvement
Quote by joshua garcia
I was incredibly drunk and only really remember writing a fanfic where ESP was getting porked by a pony.

Quote by guitar0player
I'd honestly fap to anything with a set of genitals as long as I find it aesthetically appealing.
Eh, I guess I wouldn't really care. Just wish that most of the people my age would venture outside of the whole "mainstream auto-tuned pop" thing and explore other styles of music.
Honestly I would have pros and cons about this situation, I would love the idea of being able to just discuss my favorite bands with the average joe walking down the street especially if they became so popular that so many people knew of them.

On the other hand, like people who actually like mainstream music will tell you. The radio ruins songs by playing them 10 times a day. I kind of enjoy the fact knowing that when im listening to Black Dahlia murder or Skeletonwitch, I wont have to hear those same songs on the radio again and again.

Its a toss up for me, it wouldnt bother me if what I llistened to was popular, just as long that I didnt have to hear it on the radio every 10 minutes.
I'd hate it. Not because I love death metal, but the opposite: I wouldn't be able to stand hearing it all the time.

Heavy metal becoming ultra-popular, I could probably live with though.
Quote by Burgery
It's not possible.

Most metal is too technical to be mainstream, and most of the members of the bands are not female, or don't sing about women or drugs. The only metal that is mainstream is Asking Alexandria, and other generic metalcore bands like Black Veil Brides and that is because they put so much time into making catchy choruses and upholding their crazy public image.
Quote by WCPhils

... death metal sucks,

But Nickelback is mainstream and they suck.
Don't mess up.