hey guys, do any of you know anything about the jagstang?

i know they were made in japan, out of basswood bodies, then past 2003 i think alder. single coil in neck, bridge humbucker

well anyway, some dude on craigslist is selling a 96/97 for 200obo. apparently its pretty beat up though. i was thinking of buying it and changing the bridge pickup to something metal. then i can have a second guitar, thats pretty versatile. also im a nirvana fan so thats pretty cool.

you guys think its worth it? is it a sturdy guitar?
Quote by davem27
hey guys, do any of you know anything about the jagstang?

i know they were made in japan, out of basswood bodies, then past 2003 i think alder. single coil in neck, bridge humbucker

well anyway, some dude on craigslist is selling a 96/97 for 200obo. apparently its pretty beat up though. i was thinking of buying it and changing the bridge pickup to something metal. then i can have a second guitar, thats pretty versatile. also im a nirvana fan so thats pretty cool.

you guys think its worth it? is it a sturdy guitar?
Go for it ... unless the neck is warped and/or the frets need to be replaced. Actually frets are a non-issue. They average from $400 to 700 on eBay.

They were never made of Alder as far as I remember. They're short scale but this is also a non-issue.

Quote by Ippon
Go for it ... unless the neck is warped and/or the frets need to be replaced. Actually frets are a non-issue. They average from $400 to 700 on eBay.

They were never made of Alder as far as I remember. They're short scale but this is also a non-issue.

well my concern i because of the scale and stuff i heard notes choke out...i wanna be able to play solos. like i said i'll change the bridge pickup to something hot.

ive also heard about problems with the bridge sucking
i would buy it, also IMO it might look really awesome beat up, as long as it is plays well
GENERIC SIGNATURE
yea i actually dont care if its beat up....

all i care about is that it plays well. at first i wasnt sure cus its basswood and i typically think cheap..

but its a real fender, and it is made in japan which is usually good.

but since technically its an "unfinished" guitar, i dont want it to play like shit, choke out notes when bending, go out of tune easily, and all that...

here are some pictures. the ding is pretty nasty, but i dont care too much.
any way to make it look less bad if i do get it? a little bit of spray paint perhaps?

also he said everythings good, it just has usuall fretwear, and the action could use adjustment.

what do you guys think?? how much would u pay for it?
bump, any further thoughts/opinions?

im kinda torn...i dont wanna spend money but its pretty cheap n i dont htink ill find a chance to get a jagstang like this again
well i ended up getting it....

not sure how to feel about it. i dont mind the big ass scratch, but the problem is the thing plays like shit. the action is wayyy to high, and i think i need some kind of allen wrench to lower the action. also, the tailpiece gets in the way when i try to palm mute. the neck is pretty small, that doesnt bother me too much

soundwise its alright....in short i think it needs work, but not too brutal for 200. i think worse case scenario i can still sell it for what i got it, or for more.
That guitar looks beat up. I think $200 was probably about right, but jeezus.
Quote by W4RP1G
That guitar looks beat up. I think $200 was probably about right, but jeezus.

its actually just that one big ass scratch/dent that makes it look so beat up.
other than that it has a small ding on the bottom and some finish cracking around the neck thats barely noticable.

if i do decide to sell it, you guys think i can get my 200 back?
Quote by davem27
its actually just that one big ass scratch/dent that makes it look so beat up.
other than that it has a small ding on the bottom and some finish cracking around the neck thats barely noticable.

if i do decide to sell it, you guys think i can get my 200 back?

Possibly. I'd say give it your best to get the action how you like it and see if you want to keep it, then strip it and repaint with Dupont spray paint or something.
Quote by W4RP1G
Possibly. I'd say give it your best to get the action how you like it and see if you want to keep it, then strip it and repaint with Dupont spray paint or something.

oh hell yea, im gonna try to set it up, change the strings and everything. if i end up liking how it plays then i'll move on to possibly painting the ding to make it look better. id also probably change the pickups.

i was just a little dissapointed cus i didnt mind the ding, but i was hoping it would play nice. and the pickups are kinda weak too....it just may be that compared to my epi custom with emg's it seems crappy. that thing plays and sounds great.