So for about a year and a half I've been looking to join/start a band in my city, Norfolk VA. I have had almost no luck, besides a short fling with a band last winter. I've posted numerous times on the classifieds here at UG, my local Craigslist, and on my Facebook page. Most replies are just for "jam sessions" with college kids/bands, which I'm not looking for. I want a high school classic rock band, not jam session with kids 5 years older than me. I wish I could find a site, like Craigslist, but only for musicians, but all them seem to be 18 and older, whereas I want somewhere between 14-18, my age. Any sites or ideas would be very much appreciated. All I can think of doing is keep posting till someone replies, or maybe posting in the newspaper, idk, but I really want a band. Anything you can think of would be greatly appreciated.
The problem is, depending on the size of your city, transportation for those kids. Plus they're kids. They'll think twice before going to some strangers house. I've never met anyone so desperate to start a band with strangers.
Quote by metaldud536
The problem is, depending on the size of your city, transportation for those kids. Plus they're kids. They'll think twice before going to some strangers house. I've never met anyone so desperate to start a band with strangers.

hes actually a pedo
Quote by JD Close
Piano dick had some good parts, but should have said "As the business man slowly gets boned", would have accented the whole dick feeling of the album
the problem is you are too picky in terms of age and genre. there are gazillions of people to play with if you're willing to compromise.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by metaldud536

So you've never come across the 'looking for a band section' on these forums? Or in cities and towns across the world? Or even on countless websites?

Sometimes it is the only way, and even major bands you like have done it.

I've done it - and it works out sometimes alot better than you think. I once was messaged by a guy who wanted me to join his band, but asked that if i met him to not rob him. I face palmed and chose not to reply.
You Dont Know Me

I have 10 Anarchy Points - I also have 8 Mythology points!

Peavey Generation EXP Custom White
Yamaha 120S Black
Korg AX5G
Digitech Whammy
Zvex Fuzz Factory
Boss OS2

Quote by mrfinkle213
This man has brains.

Quote by CoreysMonster
Banned for indirect reference.
Quote by Alkaline 64
Fly over to northwest England and I'd be happy to form a band with you. No kidding.

I think my big problem is just my area, its mostly country music and rap it seems, no good bands even bother coming here anymore.
I highly reccomend joining a band that's nothing like what you're looking for. Learning to compromise and adapt is a very desirable characteristic in a musician.
Hahahahahahahahahah hahahaha har har har
Go to local shows and hold a sign outside that says "Looking for bandmates to make some music with".

Seems worth a shot.
Quote by trollface5
look for kids who play instruments at your school. My school is filled with musicians.

Mine too, but a lot of them are dumbasses.
you're a stone fox
get garage band or hell evan a looper get a drum machine and get a bass and make it happen record yourself put it on the internet and if your stuff is any good youll have tons of people wanting to be a part of what your doing. you dont need bandmates to make a band now a days. when people hear good music instead of seeing a post you can be sure theyll reply. and lastly dont be to picky the problem is your picky and other people are picky and you see how much you get done nothin