Hi, so I've been looking for a new guitar for awhile, and decided on getting an Epiphone SG, G-400. I found one used, in mint condition for $230. My local shop wants $360, another shop wants $330, and I can get this for cheaper than both. I have pictures the seller sent me, and was wanting to confirm it's a real Epiphone, because I don't want to get scammed or anything.

Heres the pics:

Full guitar:

Headstock:

Back of Headstock/Serial:

I played a G-400 like this today at my local shop (The only difference being the other one was black), can anyone confirm this is a genuine Epiphone? I'd appreciate it. Also I'd like to know if it's a good deal, it does not come with a case I don't think. Thanks for any help
Call Gibson and have them check the serial number: 1-800-444-2766—24.

It's very unlikely though that you'll be scammed with a "not so expensive" guitar though...
Quote by VertigodowN
nobody would go to the trouble of making a fake 300 dollar guitar my friend

Quote by n00bje

It's very unlikely though that you'll be scammed with a "not so expensive" guitar though...

This is exactly why someone would do it...
Quote by Pac_man0123
This is exactly why someone would do it...

It's easier to scam someone with a not so cheap guitar, than it is with an expensive one.

But thanks for all the insight guys, I'll be getting back to the seller in the upcoming week about possibly negotiating a price.
Its real.

MIC, decent guitar though, I really liked my G400

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
G-400's are a nice guitar to mod. The p/u's arent that great, but that is an easy fix. I have been happy with mine for 2 yrs now.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
A friend of mine had the G-400 in white. very nice guitar, that is until the headstock broke.

One thing you do have to pay attention to is there is a design flaw in these and all Gibson SG guitars. Since the headstock is so thin it is easily broken, or cracked.
The good news is they are also easy to fix, and come back stronger then before.
Quote by FatalGear41
In the end, the only question is: what bass would Jesus play?

I think he's a Fender Jazz guy.
I don't think anyone would try to fake a $300 guitar, simply because you probably wouldn't be able to make a fake one cheap enough to make a profit when you count labour, materials, etc. Keep in mind that Gibson has the benefit of huge economies of scale, meaning they can produce those guitars far cheaper than some guy in his basement can.
Bass

Fender Aerodyne P-Bass Special (CIJ)
Yorkville 400B head and Eden 2x10 Cab

Guitar
Godin SDxt with rare lacewood top
Peavey Studio Pro 40
Line 6 POD xt live
Quote by Tom 1.0
Its real.

MIC, decent guitar though, I really liked my G400

Quote by Alucard817
A friend of mine had the G-400 in white. very nice guitar, that is until the headstock broke.

One thing you do have to pay attention to is there is a design flaw in these and all Gibson SG guitars. Since the headstock is so thin it is easily broken, or cracked.
The good news is they are also easy to fix, and come back stronger then before.

I've heard nothing but great things about these guitars, I've always wanted an SG, and this is as close as I can gt to a Gibson so I figured I'd jump on it.

I'm gonna be replacing the pickups on it eventually, I'm gonna be playing Def Leppard, WASP, Led Zeppelin, and other classic rock and 80's metal bands. What pick ups should i put into this guitar?

I noticed how thin the headstock was when I tried one out at a shop, I don't think that I'll be breaking it anytime soon, I treat my guitars well, and since I don't gig, they rarely leave my room/house, I shouldn't have trouble keeping this thing in good condition