hey guys...so i put some 10 gauge strings on my guitar....(in sig) and before i had 9's for a while...since i switched back to 10's i get a rattling noise...it sounds like buzz...on every low E note i hit or any of the 4 lower strings...i raised the action...but i still get it and the action is too high. What the hell is the problem? there regular ernie ball 10's...im in standard tuning so the strings arent loose and floppy.
GEARZ

Schecter Hellraiser
TS 808 modded tubescreamer
MXR six band EQ
boss DD-3 digital delay
Boss CE-5 Chorus Ensemble
ISP Decimator
1998 Marshall JCM2000 DSL 100
Last edited by GoodOl'trashbag at Aug 27, 2011,
anyone, i kinda need some advice so i can play?
GEARZ

Schecter Hellraiser
MXR six band EQ
boss DD-3 digital delay
ISP Decimator
It's hard to diagnose something so vaguely. Maybe record it and post a link? If it's not fret buzz, it's hard to say (and you raised the action at the saddle, right ... not buy turning the truss rod? Lots of people think the truss rod is for adjusting action and it's NOT)
no no no i used the the screws on the bridge I DID NOT USE the truss rod...god no....

yeah i raised the action on the saddle..(well i have the fixed bridge version not FR) but i raised it and it was fine with 9's but when i put tens on..every chord i hit i kept getting a nasty buzz noise every time i hit a chord..so i was like ok lets just higher the action...but ive hired it quite a bit and isnt going away....w/o the strings being to high.

EDIT, its like a tinny buzzing noise.

EDIT: i havent adjusted truss rod since i got the guitar (2 years ago?) and ive changed strings quite a bit. is one due?
GEARZ

Schecter Hellraiser
MXR six band EQ
boss DD-3 digital delay
ISP Decimator
Last edited by GoodOl'trashbag at Aug 27, 2011,