Do you know a pub or somewhere that would be willing to let a 13-14 year old band play ? whether it be Battle Of The Bands or just an open mic, ANYTHING to get us started. Anywhere in the West Midlands please.

Thanks !
Last edited by DomWhite1998 at Aug 27, 2011,
Doesn't your school have talent shows/coffeehouse sorta deals? Play those. If they do not have them, get some together
The school I go to has a coffee house every Spring and Winter, where people can preform whether it be a band, acting or whatever. If you don't already have that at your school, you could suggest it to the school council if you'd like. That's where I started, when I was 13 (I'm 15 now) , and I've played in them with my brothers band, and some groups of friends. It was a great way to start out. You could also try putting some flyers out, or checking with some local bars and restaurants, lots of bars here have an open mic night every Friday. If you can't find anything, I would defiantly try to organize a benefit show or something.

Good Luck finding something, Adam
Thanks for the advice
We played at this charity school concert thing recently at our school with a few other bands and we also played at the end of year assembly so i guess that is kind of what you meant ?
I would also like to know, do you just email/ring the pub or bar and ask if they would let you play ? and do you just show up to an open mic with your instruments and play for as long as you can ?

sorry for all the questions ;P
Quote by DomWhite1998
Thanks for the advice
We played at this charity school concert thing recently at our school with a few other bands and we also played at the end of year assembly so i guess that is kind of what you meant ?
I would also like to know, do you just email/ring the pub or bar and ask if they would let you play ? and do you just show up to an open mic with your instruments and play for as long as you can ?

sorry for all the questions ;P

Yeah, I'd just give them a call or stop by sometime to talk to someone. If you have a drummer I would suggest talking to the staff or manager at the pub, but if you don't you should just be able to go in with you gear and play depending if there is some other people there. If there isn't any other performers there you could probably play til the pub closes, if they allow mirrors to play past a certain time, but most of the time they make exceptions for performers to stay.