Page 1 of 8
So, how wide music taste you got? I think that mine is pretty wide.
My favorite artists/bands are:
- Yngwie.J.Malmsteen
- Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart
- Ludwig Van Beethoven
- Jimi Hendrix
- Steve Vai
- Metallica
- U2
- Kiss
- Children of Bodom
- Queen
- Shawn Lane

But i cant stand any Rap, Techno or trance stuff.
Eh, pretty broad I guess. So far I've been able to find stuff I've enjoyed within pretty much any genre but -core stuff.
When some stranger on the internet says it is so, it must be so.
That's not even that wide...
Quote by vagelier
Nothing is more arousing for girls than a man who claims that he doesn't have worms - and can prove it with conclusive evidence.

Black
Then
White are
All I see
In my infancy
Red and yellow then came to be
Reaching out to me.
Lets me see.
Quote by Kriegherz
That's not even that wide...

I was about to say that...
you're a stone fox
Glam Metal,Hard Rock,Symphonic Metal,some classical. I agree though,rap is crap.
A lot of rock, rap, and metal.
And a little bit of electronic, pop, jazz, blues, flamenco, and country. Mostly the popular ones in these genres that are played on the radio and stuff.
Also a FEW Indian songs, but barely any.
ಥ_ಥ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ೃ ·ಏ· ಢ_ಢ

E-Married to the sexy DarkConcertine

and Jon777 .

Last edited by mcjosh at Aug 27, 2011,
Quote by jani92jani
- Yngwie.J.Malmsteen
- Ludwig Van Beethoven
- Jimi Hendrix
- Steve Vai
- Metallica
- U2
- Kiss
- Children of Bodom
- Queen
- Shawn Lane

We're pretty much the same there, apart from U2, Kiss, Queen and Shawn Lane.
Quote by YouTube user
Hey it's Alek from Chillin in Bodom and ears a lick for bitch who can't play dicks.

dumb thread really, it's all relative

i listen to stuff for different reasons. sometimes i feel like listening to the breakfast club soundtrack... so i do, and it's fun. but, my taste in music doesnt include that.

so yea you wont get any conclusive info from this thread mate
I listen to everything from Jazz to blues to metal of all sorts. and shred. and acoustic stuff. and classical music lol pretty much everything except rap.
Classical, folk, blues, jazz, pop rock, most metal, prog, -core, some dubstep, whatever bjork is, hard rock, some indie, symphonic metal...
I listen to everything. I gig in a Jazz band, metalcore band and a Progressive Death Metal band.
I am studying classical double bass at uni as well.

I listen to and enjoy everything except for most deathcore and hardcore, though there are exceptions.

I even listen to pop music. Back when it was actually music (like Mowtown).
Stop it
Quote by justinb904
im more of a social godzilla than chameleon

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Alright, I'll give them a try, Japanese Black Speed rarely disappoints.

Quote by azzemojo
Hmm judging from your pic you'd fit in more with a fat busted tribute.
from katy perry/justin timberlake to amon amarth/cradle of filth, anything goes :|
Last.fm in my sig.

ITT: People who list beethoven and Yngwie malmsteen as contrasting aspects of their music taste.

Or

People claiming to be socially and morally better equipped than everyone else because of how vast their music taste is.
Last edited by Azwethinkwedo at Aug 27, 2011,
I like something from pretty much any legitimate genre. This is me not counting "crunkcore" as a genre.
I'll just shuffle my itunes and post the first...20 or so artists that come up.

Guns N Roses
Foxboro Hot Tubs
Atmosphere
Breaking Benjamin
Foo Fighters
Slipknot
Green Day
Jack Johnson
The Agonist
Bleeding Through
Stereophonics
Seasick Steve
Whitechapel
Enya
Machine Head
Linkin Park
Flux Pavilion
Frank Sinatra
Ludwig van Beethoven
DJ Distance
Deadmau5
Cancer Bats
I only really listen to hip hop these days, apart from a few bands, but there aren't any genres I would say I dislike as a whole.
Wide as fuck.
The plan was to drink until the pain over.
But what's worse, the pain or the hangover?
Who am I? I'm a titan so be expectin' a clash.
You kids don't even know the meaning of wide. There are so many genres out there you'd be tripping them. From japanese noise rock to zambodian tribe singing, to reggae and typical western music genres.

I listen to a lot of genres and I wouldn't even call it wide.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Every genre I can say I find things I like in.

Metalcore, Death Metal, Progressive Metal, Black Metal, Thrash Metal, Power Metal, Pop Punk, Modern Hardcore, Screamo, Post- Hardcore, Classical, Turkish Classical, Glitch, Drum & Bass, Trance, Industrial, Country, Modern Rock, Dark Cabaret, Progressive Rock, Emo, Doom Metal, Post- Metal, Post-Rock, Melodic Death Metal, Flamenco, Symphonic Metal, Mathcore, Rap, Funeral Doom, and Jazz.

That's usually what I listen to.
Quote by jani92jani
- Yngwie.J.Malmsteen
- Ludwig Van Beethoven
- Jimi Hendrix
- Steve Vai
- Metallica
- U2
- Kiss
- Children of Bodom
- Queen
- Shawn Lane

This is by no means a broad taste in music, pretty narrow if you ask me.

my favorites are

iron Maiden
Megadeth
Turisas
Rhapsody of fire
Fernando Sor
Edvard Craig
Heitor Villa-Lobos
B.B. King
Albert King
Sarah Brightman
Andrew Lloyd Webber
Aerosmith
Duke Ellington
Louis Armstrong
Quote by FatalGear41
In the end, the only question is: what bass would Jesus play?

I think he's a Fender Jazz guy.
TS thinks he has a wide taste in music

and lol at only listening the two most well known classical composers.

OT i listen to and (usually) enjoy folk metal, tech death, doom metal, some classic rock, surf rock, prog rock, blues, 90's rock, hair metal, 80's pop, new wave, old school rap, country (real country, not that modern pop shit), bluegrass, old time music, western, hard bop, free jazz, jazz fusion, European classical music, eastern classical music (Indian, Chinese, Mongolian, Japanese, etc) European folk music (mostly Celtic and a bit of Russian and other stuff), eastern folk music (same countries i already listed mostly), some African folk music, some Native American folk music, Australian folk music, Middle Eastern folk music, ambient, drone, noise music, minimalist music, and probably a few other types that i can't think of at the moment. meh.

like Kensai said, there is A LOT of music out there, and with many of these genres (some of which are IMMENSELY broad), i've only just skimmed the surface in the grand scheme of things.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Last edited by theogonia777 at Aug 27, 2011,
ITT: Musical taste masturbation.

Quote by Spoonman69
Rap is music,far better than metal for example. id much rather hear about hoes and anal sex than dragons and supressed homosexuality.
Last edited by hugh20 at Aug 27, 2011,
You tell me.
http://www.last.fm/user/Jackal58

I have no idea. I listen to shit I like.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Pretty broad I guess, I'll listen to anything good, doesn't matter if it's classical, hip hop, metal, folk or whatever. I have to admit, though, that I usually go for metal.
Stoner rock to trance to extreme metal to dubstep to electronica to classical to jazz to shred to reggae to folk to blues to doom to hip-hop to rap to ambient to much more...

Very wide, I would say, I'm up for listening to most stuff, I dislike sacharrin sweet pop and love ballads. Or songs that all 'LOL WE GONN' PARTY NOW SING ASONG BOUT HOW HARD WE'RE PARTYING' like Black Eyed Peas or LMFAO. Simply put, I hate the majority of BBC Radio One's playlist.
Last edited by Mazzakazza at Aug 27, 2011,
Now that I think about it pretty narrow. I hate disco. Except for Disco Duck. But the rest of it sucks. So does polyester.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Aww I came in here to make mock the shit out of OP but he's from finland so it wont work
The illegality of cannabis is outrageous, an impediment to full utilization of a drug which helps produce the serenity and insight, sensitivity and fellowship so desperately needed in this increasingly mad and dangerous world.
- Carl Sagan
This question is stupid and is darn near impossible to answer
Thread is smelly
STRIKING MINORS
Quote by Jackal58
Now that I think about it pretty narrow. I hate disco. Except for Disco Duck. But the rest of it sucks. So does polyester.

Polyester makes some fine surfboards and skimboard for the price.
The illegality of cannabis is outrageous, an impediment to full utilization of a drug which helps produce the serenity and insight, sensitivity and fellowship so desperately needed in this increasingly mad and dangerous world.
- Carl Sagan
Quote by Jackal58
You tell me.
http://www.last.fm/user/Jackal58

I have no idea. I listen to shit I like.

Your taste in music is different than what I would have imagined it to be.

Quote by SKArface McDank
Aww I came in here to make mock the shit out of OP but he's from finland so it wont work

Yeah, there's no point in kicking someone who is already lying down.
████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Burzum. Only Burzum.
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
I listen to a lot of stuff.

Aggrotech, prog metal, black metal, 80's pop, hair metal, most rock, ambient/trance, post-rock stuff, some metalcore even, modern stuff, heavy into the djent-y stuff right now, industrial.. I could go on but I don't feel like it.
Quote by Kensai
\Yeah, there's no point in kicking someone who is already lying down.

- Carl Sagan
I love Indie, Progressive music (not dream theatre-ish, more like BtBaM, Human Abstract etc.), and ska.

I like core stuff (math, grind, death, metal etc.), death metal, folk, alternative, black metal, punk, post hardcore, and some electronic music.

Compared to someone who only listens to the radio yeah, but compared to someone who listens to music 24/7 on the internet nope.
classical metal, death metal, underground hip-hop, black metal, thrash metal, grindcore, crust punk, deathcore, metalcore, melodic death metal, power metal, doommetal, funeral doom, ambient, dark ambient, goa, trance, chillout, nu metal, grunge, sludge metal, hardcore punk, mathcore, mathrock, classical, some jazz, some blues, blues-rock, classic rock, punk, pop-punk, post-punk, post-hardcore (including the modern bands like this), horrorcore, horror punk, post-rock, post-metal, avant-garde metal, cajun music, folk, indie rock, indie pop, folk punk, folk metal, lounge music, stoner metal, stoner rock, techno, industrial, noise music, and more probably.
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtag
My musical niche is pretty narrow. I'm trying to listen to more blues but hehe, haven't really gotten around to it.
G(g)od was like: "Make you an ark of gopher wood; rooms shall you make in the ark, and shall pitch it within and without with pitch."

And i was like: "What's gopher wood?"