I'm writing a song right now and I can't seem to to make a C Harmonic sound. The rhythm is Em, C, G, D and the melody is also the same. I want to make the melody only in harmonics (not pinch harmonics) but I can't get a C sound because the strings are E B G D A E. As on the 12th and 7th fret.
If you want a C, fret the 1st fret on B, or 5th fret on G, for example, and then tap (lightly on the string, not actually pushing down to the fret, just like playing a normal harmonic) with your other finger 12 frets up. I'm sure there are lessons about tapped harmonics on this website.
I deeply regret the 6661 in my username. Siiiigh. Damn you, 14 year old me, you edgy little bastard.
Last edited by Carl6661 at Aug 27, 2011,
Say what? That confused the hell outta me.

If you want to make a harmonic sound, you could always fret the note and then lightly tap the corresponding note an octave higher (12 frets) and pluck it simultaneously.

I don't know what the name of this type of harmonic is but look on JustinGuitar.com. He has 'em all listed by names.
G(g)od was like: "Make you an ark of gopher wood; rooms shall you make in the ark, and shall pitch it within and without with pitch."

And i was like: "What's gopher wood?"
Quote by Lennon993
Say what? That confused the hell outta me.

If you want to make a harmonic sound, you could always fret the note and then lightly tap the corresponding note an octave higher (12 frets) and pluck it simultaneously.

I don't know what the name of this type of harmonic is but look on JustinGuitar.com. He has 'em all listed by names.

artificial. precisely what i came here to suggest. you can use artificial harmonics.

the only thing is that they have less of a bell-like sound than natural harmonics, but they don't quite have the sound of plucked strings.
Anfangen ist leicht, Beharren eine Kunst.
You can get a (somewhat flat) C harmonic out of the D string by putting your finger 1/7th of the way from the bridge to the neck. This will probably be over your pickup ish. There aren't any nice natural harmonic C's in standard tuning.
Use an Harp Harmonic. This is a classic guitar thing.

1. Fret a note (like usual with the left hand)

2. Find the natural harmonic of the fretted note (add 12 frets)

3. Hold your pick with the thumb and the middle finger leaving the index finger free,

4. Put the index finer slightly over the natural hamonic note (found in step 2).

5. Pick and get the harmonic.

Steve morse does it all the time, sounds weird but is really easy
On your D string, on these 'frets':
2.7, 5.8, 9.7, 14.7, 21.7, 33.7

Will give you your open D up two octaves, and up a minor seventh to give you a C.
Ibanez RG2228 w/ EMG808Xs | Line 6 POD HD500 | Mackie HD1221
Quote by Dayn
On your D string, on these 'frets':
2.7, 5.8, 9.7, 14.7, 21.7, 33.7

Will give you your open D up two octaves, and up a minor seventh to give you a C.

And it will be about a third of a semitone flat.