Well I was tuning my guitar and when I was doing the A string it didn't get higher. I tried tuning it lower and again it wouldn't go. So I just started spinning the knob both ways and nothing whatsoever happened. Any ideas how to fix???

Originally posted by geanes
A friend made me teach him how to masturbate.
I'm not sure exactly what is wrong, but there are gears inside the keys. Sounds to me like either the gears aren't touching anymore, or the teeth on them are too wore down. Does the key twist easily and freely or catchy with a hint of grind?
My Gear:
Agile - 2000 W/ EMG 81/85
Fender 112 Stageman
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Digitech Rp100
Yamaha Ac/El
wow.... you really can't figure out why your tuning peg is not doing the job without having to ask here, people are becoming more lazy, dependant and useless every generation.
♜♞♝♚♛♝♞♜
♟♟♟♟♟♟♟♟

♙♙♙♙♙♙♙♙
♖♘♗♕♔♗♘♖

come on get down with me
It's twisting pretty much like normal, maybe a little easier than normal. And Jimmy, I have taken the whole mechanism off before, but all the stuff was covered and I didn't check at the time how easy it was to get that cover off.

Found the problem. Part of the gear has been worn down and the rest of the gear looks pretty bad and probably needs to be replaced. Problem is I don't know where to get a replacement tuning machine. I did some quick googling and didn't find anything. I have an Ibanez V70CE.

Go to www.stewmac.com, you'll find what you're looking for there.

PS: the site is Steward MacDonald and they have everything you could ever want or need to repair/build guitars, including the tools and info.
LeftyDave probably has the best advice as to where to go online.

Where I live, there's a locally owned music store that has actually fixed my tuning key for free. If you have somewhere you can go to see if they can fix it, it'll probably be cheaper than buying a new tuning key.

@Jimmy Recard, This is a site to help people. Let it do it's job. K? Thanks. :Cheers:
My Gear:
Agile - 2000 W/ EMG 81/85
Fender 112 Stageman
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Digitech Rp100
Yamaha Ac/El
Last edited by Rune Playaz at Aug 28, 2011,