Hi guys,

As some of you may know I have recently been on a quest for a new amp. I had a £500 budget and needed an amp with great cleans and awesome drive tones. Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you my finding! Enjoy! £300 of pure used win!

Laney VH100R!!!

Groovy dust cover

My god, this amp is amazing! The guy who owned it dropped it off with me at around 7:00. He was an awesome guy. He explained everything about the amp to me and let me try it out for about 20 mins before buying it, even though he came down from stockport, about 200 miles from me!

The first thing I tried was the clean channel and immediately it was the clean sound I always wanted! Very bright and articulate sounding. Very precise. It sounds amazing! Maybe nearly as good as Fender Cleans! Definately the best cleans I've heard from a high gain amp.

After playing that for a while, I tried the gain channel and by god this amp packs a punch! Very tight bass, and alot of it! After messing with the EQ for a while I managed to get a nearly perfect Metallica tone from the Black album which is the sound I wanted to get. I also dialled in a good Master of Puppets sound. The amp is voiced on a british type tone and you can tell it is. I cranked the amp to about 6 or 7 on the volume and it sounded amazing! Even at really high volumes the clean and distorted channel still sound very clear and every string rings out and notes are clearly defined.

All I can say is, I love this amp!
Laney VH100R, Randall KH 4x12 cab, Harley Benton G212V, ESP LTD EC-1000, Jackson Demmelition King V, LTD KH-602, Tanglewood TW170, LTD EX-50, Squire Strat, Zakk Wylde wah, EHX Small Clone, Blackstar HT-5H
HNAD man.

Update your sig.

I'm disappointed you didn't review the dust cover

You posted after I did on the Rate my Gear thread didn't you?
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
Last edited by ragingkitty at Aug 27, 2011,

Ye you were the one with the awesome gear like the Mesa mark V and a bunch of pedals
Laney VH100R, Randall KH 4x12 cab, Harley Benton G212V, ESP LTD EC-1000, Jackson Demmelition King V, LTD KH-602, Tanglewood TW170, LTD EX-50, Squire Strat, Zakk Wylde wah, EHX Small Clone, Blackstar HT-5H
Quote by UKMaster

Ye you were the one with the awesome gear like the Mesa mark V and a bunch of pedals

Yeah I was. Well now you have a pretty cool amp too
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
Quote by kylendm
Almost as groovy as my old 5150.

Pic of old 5150

Still! Awesome amp man!

That is awesome!

Cheers mate
HNUAD! One of my favourite amps and a steal!!!! *feels GAS (and jealously) rising*
Current Rig:

Eppy SG w/Swineheads, Marshall DSL 5c, Joyo Vintage OD, Joyo British Sound, Sounds Sounds Fuzz Face, GGG Guv'nor, Dr. Boogie Pedal, Crybaby in Red Sparkle, Digitech Hardwire Delay

The things I would do for a Les Paul...
Quote by Mybleedinglung8
HNUAD! One of my favourite amps and a steal!!!! *feels GAS (and jealously) rising*

Cheers Ye I can't believe I got it for £300. Worth every penny and more
Quote by BlindNematode
Congrats and happy UAD!

damn, that's a nice score right there.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
I may have to go on a Laney binge soon, I mean, the price they go for here in the UK is disgustingly cheap, They're well priced enough new as it is, but they al seem to go for around 40% of their new price used which is just daylight robbery.

HNAD
#ENTITLED
WENGER OUT!!!

lastfm
Thanks guys! Played it a bit more today. Sounds immense! You can play it at very low volumes but it doesn't sound very good but once you get it past 2 or 3, it's just a beast!
sweet, glad you like it
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Nice choice. VH100R's rock.

Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by Nico the Great
HNAD! You should do some tone clips

I would, but I have no recording equipment other than a crappy video camera
Quote by Dmaj7
Good Find!

Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
A W E S O M E !

HNAD

Thanks
For 300 pounds that is an incredible find. Amazing amps.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Couldn't stop playing it today it sounded so good! It's basically the sound I have been looking for. Very clear sound, good tight bass, amazing clean sound.

Thanks alot to anyone who recommended me this amp and helped me decide to go for it (Dave_MC, Ippon, coolstoryangus, SwampAshSpecial, beckyjc, Cathbard and others!)
no problem, just glad you like it
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by polishedbullet
HNAD!

A really cool band that I saw named Intronaut uses the VH100R and you can definitely get a heavy tone out of those amps. Very nice!

I love Intronaut...now that you mention it, the tones coming out of my GH50L are pretty close.

HNAD TS, I love my Laney and you appear to love yours.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals