Hey guys, I am in the market for a nice, smart new acoustic steel string, but I dont know much about acoustics. So could you guys give me so ideas?

Here is what I like:
- Cutaway for reaching high frets
- Light weight
- Slim neck
- low action
- good tuning stability
- Versatile
- Able to plug into amp or PA

Budget - £300

I love the spalted maple top look, but I don't have a clue whether that will come in my budget.
Dude you are not buying a car. Majority of it is the sound and you can't find that on the internet. Go to music stores and play them with an idea of a sound you are going for.
***************Sig***************
Taylor 314 & GS Mini & Martin LX1
Rule of thumb, never let acoustic-electric play effect in choosing what guitar you get. Based on what you want from your list, you just want a general good guitar. I mean, it's like me saying, "I want a car that's roomy, good on gas, fast, reliable, stylish, etc."

But let me tell you, honestly, there is no need to look for a guitar w/ specifically low action. If you take it for a setup by somebody who knows their guitars, they can do that for you. Action is moreso personal preference that can be set.

Tuning stability also. It depends on what environment you play your guitar in, how you play, and what tuners you chose to upgrade to or put on.

Cheap guitars have junk pickups also. If you save a little money going for the cheaper model w/o pickups (to plug in amps and pa's) you can use the money saved to get quality pickups.

Having all that in mind, go out and find the guitar that works for you. Everybody Here is going to give out biased suggestions, probably because they either own it, or want to own one.
ADVERTISING SPACE FOR SALE!
I don't charge much...

If you don't click this , you'll die :/
hey, go for a fender sanoran. they have fast electric strat necks and look awsome cuz they have a strat fender headstock. I own one and it sounds great too.
"Everybody Here is going to give out biased suggestions, probably because they either own it, or want to own one."

Quote by perszzac
hey, go for a fender sanoran. they have fast electric strat necks and look awsome cuz they have a strat fender headstock. I own one and it sounds great too.

Prime example.
ADVERTISING SPACE FOR SALE!
I don't charge much...

If you don't click this , you'll die :/
Quote by qwertyman2010
Can't go wrong with a Yamaha...they are always good value for money....

http://www.guitarbitz.com/guitars-c48/acoustic-guitars-c49#t157

Depends on the model. My first guitar since I stopped was a Yamaha in one those all in one boxes. The sound was so muddy after a year I couldn't take it anymore and shopped for one with a much brighter sound.
***************Sig***************
Taylor 314 & GS Mini & Martin LX1
Guitars that other people like you may hate. Try every guitar and if you like the feel you like it, so get it. If you want an idea about guitar picking watch the first Harry Potter movie and the wand scene. Sounds stupid but as soon as you find the right guitar you will know, just like Harry does

But do make sure its a solid top. Much better sound. If you look at the edge of the sound hole you should be able to see one thick layer of wood, not a multiple layer thing going on.
Fuck the system - Use non-standard tunings!

"Now the guitar is no more than a cowbell, so easy to play, that there is no stable lad who is not a musician on the guitar" Inquisitor Covarrubias 1611
Um...try a low end Breedlove in the passport series...if not. Try blueridge. However Breedlove passport has nice cutaway models that are 500ish in canadian dollars, which is probably 350ish in pounds sterling/euros.