Page 1 of 2
I know the newer generations are so used to just downloading singles, that they probably don't even know what an album is. Personally, I see a single as being a "sneak preview" or "coming attraction" to the album, but most people seem to only care about the single. Do you mostly download singles or albums?
Depends. I'll usually check out a sample to see if I'll like the album, but sometimes songs are totally different from others on an album.

Lately I've been purely buying albums on the fly though, to surprise myself. It's working well.
When you saw me sleeping
thought I was dreaming
of you...

I didn't tell you
That the only dream
Is Valium for me
Albums.

LEGALLY.
Quote by Joshua Garcia
my chemical romance are a bunch of homos making love to a mic and you like that cuz your a huge gay wad. You should feel pathetic for being such a gaywad you gay mcr loving gaywad olllol.
Albums because that means Gene Simmons will hate me more.
Hi, you're better than me. Have a nice day!
There are very few songs that I will like by a band without liking the album they're on. Most of the time its because the songs are atypical of the artist's style. I couldn't understand liking a song but not getting the rest of the album...it's stupid.
discography.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
Your post was the only bright spot in this disgusting piece of thread.

Quote by lexanirider78
You have balls. I like balls....(awkward silence)

Quote by SeveralSpecies
I waited for the rape.

...but the rape never came
If I'm buying an album from, say, iTunes then I always get the album. I've only bought one single I want to say.

If I'm downloading...elsewhere. Also albums. Two at most so I can actually listen to them.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
singles obviously

lol why would you download an album half the songs are awful filler anyway unless you're downloading a greatest hits album which i can understand.
I am referring to legal sales like itunes and amazonmp3. Most people I know only download singles and the songs always consist of nothing but verse/chorus/verse/chorus/bridge/chorus. My grandma told me in the early 70's, the radio stations would play songs like Tarkus and Thick as a Brick in their entirety and people would go out and buy the LP. I guess something happened when disco came along.

Quote by Duffman123
uk top 40

standard

The UK top 40 is usually the exact same as the top 40 here in the US so I hope to god you are joking.
Last edited by JohnSmith85 at Aug 27, 2011,
Quote by Doppelgänger
singles obviously

lol why would you download an album half the songs are awful filler anyway unless you're downloading a greatest hits album which i can understand.

Good artists shouldn't have an album that's mostly filler. I like albums where every song is enjoyable.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
If I like a band, then I usually avoid listening to the singles often because I know someone will play it to death
Quote by JohnSmith85
The UK top 40 is usually the exact same as the top 40 here in the US so I hope to god you are joking.

nah man

the uk top 40 has n-dudz and tinchy in it

and chipmunk, can't forget about him
If I only know/like a song from a band/artist, I'll probably just download a single since I don't care enough to listen to their other stuff, but other than that I get albums
2013 #5 Uger
2012 #7 Uger

Quote by jetfuel495
Jesus, Horsedick, you are my hero

Quote by JayT44
don't worry guys his girlfriend is black, she said it was okay for him to say that.

Stalk Me

Shitty Covers

Original Music

Lastfm
yeah but singles are the best part why would you put yourself through obviously weaker tracks when you can just listen to the best ones.
Quote by Doppelgänger
yeah but singles are the best part why would you put yourself through obviously weaker tracks when you can just listen to the best ones.

Because I fucking love STP songs like Army Ants and Glide, even though many of their fans hate those tracks.
Quote by JohnSmith85
My grandma told me in the early 70's, the radio stations would play songs like Tarkus and Thick as a Brick in their entirety and people would go out and buy the LP. I guess something happened when disco came along.

Thick is a brick is 40 minutes, I can't imagine them playing that today ahahaha.

OT : Albums, I like the experience.
Quote by devourke
I love you bro. I'd totally turn gay for you after that.

November 13th, 2011. Nodincap.

LoL: Kublai Dong

MC: StealthTurtle
Twitter
Last.fm
Quote by Doppelgänger

That makes no sense at all. You're denying yourself some possibly great songs. That's like Ride the Lightning from Metallica. Everyone hates Escape but I ****ing love it. It's the "weakest" track on there but I really like it.

Some songs have 5 or 6 single worthy songs but only one gets released. Not the best one. The most successful one. Well written songs and popular songs don't always correlate.
Quote by Fat Lard

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Quote by MetallicSka
Thick is a brick is 40 minutes, I can't imagine them playing that today ahahaha.

OT : Albums, I like the experience.

In 1972 when that album came out, it was number one on the billboard charts in the US, and people didn't really tape the radio like they did in the 80's, so radio stations could get away with playing entire albums or usually side one of the album and get away with it.

But yeah, prog was such a short fad in this country. I think the general audience were just starting to expand their horizons when the Beatles made SGT Pepper and it lasted until about 1974 or so then disco came and mainstream music went back to hell.
Last edited by JohnSmith85 at Aug 27, 2011,
The only reason I buy a single is to remind myself to buy the album when I have more money later.
Quote by Joshua Garcia
my chemical romance are a bunch of homos making love to a mic and you like that cuz your a huge gay wad. You should feel pathetic for being such a gaywad you gay mcr loving gaywad olllol.
I buy albums from Half Price Books, I like the filler songs, they're better. In my opinion "It's So Easy" is better than "Welcome to the Jungle"
you're a stone fox
If I'm not a huge fan of the band, I'll download singles (legally), unless they have the album available for like $5.
singles
Music is a universal language and it need not be translated, with it soul speaks to soul.
Page 1 of 2