I know I'm not one to talk, but the big thing you need to work on is production! Vocals are loud but not at all clear, but I think you did a good job with the vocal's mic placement. at least no popping, so it wasn't too close.

Guitar production also needs work. There's some sort of interference or feedback going on, almost like the static from your computer or whatever you used for recording was feeding through the pick-ups, I've had the same thing happen and it's a bitch to work around if you don't have a monkey helping you record (like pressing stop, record ect). Just try to move off to the side so the pups aren't facing the screen, if that's what it was. If not I'd almost say it sounds like you DIed (direct inputted) the guitar??? I'd say, for the type of sound you seem to be going for try to mic the rig from a distance, it might give you a larger sound.

As for the song, I think it sounds pretty good. Sounds Foo Fighters-ish (I don't really listen much to them so excuse my if that seems inaccurate). Although I'd say the guitar riffs and the vocal melodies are a bit repetitive. The vocals don't seem quite strong enough either. Like the next guy said about mine, not enough fire. And I couldn't really make out the lyrics too well because of the static and other sounds, but what I heard sounded appropriate for the song.

Thanks for the crit, and I'd like to heard this again a little clearer and with other instruments.

(And it's fine and not bumping to respond to answer how you recorded the guitar cuz I'm kind of curious)
Quote by Leather Sleeves
I know I'm not one to talk, but the big thing you need to work on is production! Vocals are loud but not at all clear, but I think you did a good job with the vocal's mic placement. at least no popping, so it wasn't too close.

Guitar production also needs work. There's some sort of interference or feedback going on, almost like the static from your computer or whatever you used for recording was feeding through the pick-ups, I've had the same thing happen and it's a bitch to work around if you don't have a monkey helping you record (like pressing stop, record ect). Just try to move off to the side so the pups aren't facing the screen, if that's what it was. If not I'd almost say it sounds like you DIed (direct inputted) the guitar??? I'd say, for the type of sound you seem to be going for try to mic the rig from a distance, it might give you a larger sound.

As for the song, I think it sounds pretty good. Sounds Foo Fighters-ish (I don't really listen much to them so excuse my if that seems inaccurate). Although I'd say the guitar riffs and the vocal melodies are a bit repetitive. The vocals don't seem quite strong enough either. Like the next guy said about mine, not enough fire. And I couldn't really make out the lyrics too well because of the static and other sounds, but what I heard sounded appropriate for the song.

Thanks for the crit, and I'd like to heard this again a little clearer and with other instruments.

(And it's fine and not bumping to respond to answer how you recorded the guitar cuz I'm kind of curious)

I did use direct input from my amp to the computer, I'll try using a mic like you said to, I'll let you know when/if I do anther recording
Nice voice ,but honestly, I don't really like the music around it .But I would love to sing with a voice like your,and the voice is the most important thing here.Go on singing ,it's a gift ,and not every body can pretend to have it .
Thanks for the crit! Very bad recording quality but the song itself wasnt that bad, didnt deserve to have only dislikes you should invest in some sort of recording hardware, I have the line 6 pod UX2 and it was 150$ but the quality is amazing. very good voice btw. try and rerecord this in higher quality and im sure you'll get better opinions on it. cheers!
2/17/08 Kosova's independence!!!
Thanks for your crit

I think you should be more energetic with your vocals, it's real boring the way it is, to be honest. Other than that, you have the right voice for this type of music. Just let it out more when you sing.
It's a real shame on the production side, just a little more clearer and you'll be fine. How exactly do you record your guitar, what settings do you use??