Page 1 of 2
So I have to apply to colleges this fall, and I have one huge problem. I have no idea what I want to be, not even the slightest. Most people seem to want to be a doctor or whatever and have all these colleges they want to apply to in mind, but that hasn't even crossed my mind until now. When did you decide what you wanted to be or what you wanted to major in at college. I'm pretty nervous that I won't have any idea when I have to start deciding this October
never.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
I wanted to be a helicopter pilot
THE SOLE PURPOSE OF THIS SIG IS TO GRAB YOUR ATTENTION TO THIS POST OF UTTER GENIUS
going into my second year at college, and I've changed my major three times
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Yeah, I'm 24 now and I still don't really know.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by theogonia777
never.

this

My 8th grade teacher came in my store today and asked if I was in college and what I was going to do.

I told her I'm not in college and I have no idea what I want to do.

Her pokerface was full on.
It was during Easter when I was bored and had nothing better to do then watch physics lectures. I decided it wasn't half bad so I applied for it in Uni. I'll let you know how it goes in 3 weeks here.
Still have no idea... Just going along with a bachelor of computers atm because I did slightly well with them in high school... I don't even like computers. Let alone want to learn like 5 different coding languages... fu#k.
End of senior year of high school. English professor is my plan.
Quote by Ignite
this

My 8th grade teacher came in my store today and asked if I was in college and what I was going to do.

I told her I'm not in college and I have no idea what I want to do.

Her pokerface was full on.

Sounds like a good time. My 13-year-old cousin asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up on my birthday this year. I told her I didn't know and she ridiculed me.

I will crush her dreams.
Pick a class you like and do something in that field. If you can even just narrow it down to English, Science, Math, Art, etc. you should do fine.
For Frodo!
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
No because a world full of marbles silly man is just as real as a half empty glass of microwaved nesquik.
I changed majors in my first semester of college, and many of my friends have changed majors (sometimes multiple times) throughout their college careers. Unfortunately, this can lead to some wasted time and money, but it's better to end up doing something you like doing rather than doing something you hate.

Anyway, most colleges will require you to take general education requirements in different subjects, so you will have a semester or two where you can take a lot of different classes and see what you like and then choose a major without losing much.
I still don't know exactly what I want to do. But I figured out the general field I want to go into my senior year of college. I'm working now, but it's not the job I want to do. I'm just waiting for when the time's right.
Who says you have to be just one thing your whole life anyway?

I know the area that I enjoy to learn about, that interests me. I don't know what i'm going to do with my degree in that area (and quite frankly i'm getting annoyed at people asking me), but I believe that as long as I study something that I enjoy and find interesting, then everything else will work itself out for the most part.
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
Don't worry about it man. I'm in my third year of college and most people I know have changed their major. Just take some of the general classes and the ones you find more interesting go a little deeper with, take a couple other classes in that subject. Truth is a lot of people don't know what they want to be when starting school or even when they finish it for that matter.
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
Well I'm feeling a lot better about myself after coming to this thread. I felt as if I was under a shit load of pressure come senior year cause everyone in my school, family and people I knew were talking about applying to college and what they were gonna do with their lives and what I was gonna do with mine. There was a lot of different things I contemplated doing this year and I kind of feel as if I was 'forced' into making a life choice senior year.

College starts next week for me and I really donno if I wanna make a career out of my major. I think I already wanna switch majors... I wanna do be a physics major really bad. I'm still young and just starting college though so I'm not too worried.
Quote by ErikLensherr
Don't belittle it like that, your mom produces top quality stuff.

C4C
[thread="1339859"]Hammerhead[/thread]
[thread="1341152"]Anglerfish[/thread]

VOTE
Thrustor: 2012
Last edited by vicarious46 at Aug 28, 2011,
I'm in my second year and I'm just thinking I might know. I started having no idea. Picked a major I liked and went with it. Turns out, I kinda like it.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Going into my second year of a psychology course and I still haven't got a scooby.

Forensic psychology seems interesting and I could apply for a Master's course in it depending on my final results. Not done a huge amount of research into the field but I'd need to start some voluntary work like now to have a better chance at getting into the Master's.
Didn't decide until the end of my freshman year of college. The best thing you can do is volunteer with people whose jobs you'd like to learn more about to find out what you want to do.
The future is no place to place your better days
I never really did. Throughout school I was always good at math (I hated it but I could do it easily) so logically I just decided to do whatever had the most math that would pay well, which is engineering.

Thus far, I really regret doing it but I didn't really have the proper time or proper economic climate to figure out what I wanted to do.
The content of this signature is pretty much irrelevant
Starting college in 9 days. Just taking basics first 2 years
[img]http://cdn.gs.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/v.gif[/img]
I wanted to be a lawyer as early as middle school. By the time I actually started college, however, I'd somehow gotten the notion that I should be pre-med instead. One introductory college biology course swiftly rid me of that delusion and by my second semester I was back to lawyer.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
I still don't have a 100% decision after 3 years of college. I have a general idea/desire to go into forensics, be it like CSI/Dexter forensics or like IT forensics, but I think it'd be pretty cool.
We are the diamonds that choose to stay coal;
A generation born to witness
The end of the world

When I realized I wanted to be rich and famous and that I love movies. So now, I have a degree in film studies and theatre from The Ohio State University and I start work on my first movie this September.
Quote by Snuffles
You are an absolute god, offspring_punk

Quote by drop-dead666
You're a retard, read Scourges posts. There is already a system folder, why do I need a system32.
I heard this band called Green Day and I said "I wanna do that" but high school wouldn't give me enough time so I dropped out, sold my car, and work pretty much full time at McDonald's. Living the dream man. Living the dream.
Quote by Tyler Bro
Gauges or Diamond studs? I am getting one, which one?

Quote by Xiaoxi
Get a dildo. Says the same thing.
I knew since a young age that I wanted to be the very best, that no one ever was.

pretentious small text, right justified signature
UG's professional coffee nerd
also UG's musical theatre nerd
roscoe's wetsuit
Nine years ago. The first time I picked up a musical instrument.
I think it's time for a change.

Sig v5.0 (approximate)
I just chose somethign that interests me and in which I'm pretty good at. My priority is ending up with a decent job to fund other things I enjoy (instruments, travels, etc), not necessarily to have my dream job.

Forza Juve

'e voglia 'e mettere rum, chi nasce strunz' nun po' addiventà babbà
Around 5 months ago. Household Cavalry. That being said, I'm going into Uni this September to do Law and French. Safety net FTW.
An Augmented 4th or a Diminished 5th?

Quote by I.O.T.M
You, fine sir, have impeccable taste.

Ahhhh Yuck Fou.
I'm 18 and still don't know what to do. I don't really know what kind of a job I'd be good at, or what'd satisfy me. The future is just a fcking black cloud.
I want to be dead. I decided this long ago.
Quote by Gabel
You are EXTREMELY WRONG! I have played it. I own an 18W and it would be an awful stereo amp, it's way too bright, breaks up too easily and so on. Secondly, why would a guitar store sell an hifi amp.
Last edited by ripple07 at Aug 28, 2011,
I want to be some sort of youth/guidance counselour, and I decided about 4 days ago. I am 20...
Quote by ripple07
I want to be dead. I decided this long ago.

I think it's time for a change.

Sig v5.0 (approximate)
Quote by Mudmen190
I want to be some sort of youth/guidance counselour, and I decided about 4 days ago. I am 20...

Quote by Mudmen190
Thats the thing about them high-school girls...

But seriously, What makes you want to be a counselour?
Quote by Gabel
You are EXTREMELY WRONG! I have played it. I own an 18W and it would be an awful stereo amp, it's way too bright, breaks up too easily and so on. Secondly, why would a guitar store sell an hifi amp.
Last edited by ripple07 at Aug 28, 2011,
Page 1 of 2