I'm going to school for music because I love it, but don't see myself as a performer. I want to do some behind the scenes stuff. So, what jobs are in the music industry and what do they entail?
EDIT: Careers
I have a friend that is a transcriber. He listens to songs and then writes them down on sheet music for touring musicians .

Or you could be a teacher.
If Rock is a life-style, then Metal's an addiction

Yelloooow!

Of The

UG Challenge

this site has a list of music careers with information on each.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
How about band groupie TS?
Thor! Odin's son Protector of mankind Ride to meet your fate Your destiny awaits Thor! Hlödyn's son Protector of mankind Ride to meet your fate Ragnarök awaits

E-ARCH NEMESIS of girlgerms007
Live sound engineer, sound designer, technician... I'm going for Music Production and have touched on theory, composition, computer sciences, daw's, music history..... there is a lot to choose from in the industry.
Quote by L2112Lif
Entertainment law. Its something that NEVER comes up on UG when this question is asked.

That's because you falsely assume that anyone in the Pit is capable of obtaining a Law Degree.
Quote by jimmy hendrix 2
Don't argue with my new deity.
There are a million things that go into making sure a band releases their album, gets promoted and marketed and tours. Each thing is a job. It has alot of the same responsibilities as most industries that have products to sell