Marshall Cab 1/12,celestion "Rola"G1265 original 1981,8 ohms.

http://montreal.kijiji.ca/c-ViewAdLargeImage?AdId=309259168

im using it for bedroom purpose for now and maybe eventually small band practice in a garage etc.. . no gig coming out for now .

where the cab any good in 1981 ?? should i avoid cause its too old ? i heard bad thing about newer marshall cab ( maybe bandwaggoning ) .

where they good in 1981 .

is ROLA the same as celestion ??

( keep in mind im in canada and i cant have avatar cabinet etc.. ship to me in canada .. shipping is way too expensive )

im thinking about offering 225 $ if its in good shape .

is 1x12 enough for a bedroom .. ??? or i should go with 2x12
Bedroom rock star :

- Gibson Les paul Standard 2001 Honeyburst .
- Agile 3200 Slim
Last edited by Skysc at Aug 28, 2011,
it looks like a combo amp that has been converted into a cab.

the speaker is a good one.
great speaker
Jumping on dat gear sig train.
PRS Hollowbody II / BKP Warpigs
Strandberg OS6T / BKP Aftermath
Strandberg OS7 / Lace Poopsticks
Skervesen Raptor 7FF / BKP Warpigs
Skervesen Raptor 6 NTB / BKP Juggernauts
Hapas Sludge 7 FF / Hapas Leviathan
Anderson Baritom / Motorcity Nuke BKP Sinner Anderson H2+
Warmoth Baritone / BKP Piledriver
Ibanez Rg2120x / BKP Nailbomb

Blackstar ID:Core Beam
Quote by gregs1020
it looks like a combo amp that has been converted into a cab.

the speaker is a good one.

It's an early 1933 cab I think. The impedance throws me though. The original jcm800 1933 cab had a 15 ohm G12-65 in it. They also weren't released until 1984.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
look at the top portion of the front of the cab, then look at the screw holes and lack of an input jack on the back and how the top back panel has been spun upside down.

it's a converted combo.

i'm not saying that's bad, i'm just pointing out it didn't start life as a cab.
I didn't notice that there was a picture of the back. Yeah, you may be right, it doesn't look right. The top of the cab looks wrong too. This is a 1933:

Compared to this one:

The logo is in the wrong place and the piping is missing at the top too.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Last edited by Cathbard at Aug 28, 2011,
yeah thats what i thought that it was a combo converted .

was the g12-65 in solid state combo from the 80's like the 5210 or was it a JCM/jmp combo ??

i believe the g12-70 ( when celestion reduce the cost ) was in the Solid state marshall .. not the g12-65 .

anyway by checking on ebay .. this seem to be quite an expensive speaker . 189 $ for the heritage g12-65 . its not a 70$ speaker for sure . so my guess is its probably not bad .

But i wonder if it come from a solid state combo or a tube combo ?

g12-65 ??

doesnt really matter to me that its a converted combo . but ill try to drop the price accordingly

and about the rear cord ?? how will it be ?? it wont have the 1/4 jack plate like on a regular cab . ???
Bedroom rock star :

- Gibson Les paul Standard 2001 Honeyburst .
- Agile 3200 Slim
Last edited by Skysc at Aug 28, 2011,
^ you could always mount a jack to it. it probably (speculation) has a jack at the end of a speaker wire inside the back.

the 65 came stock in a 800 1x12 cab iirc. i have an 800 112 cab (1933) but the speaker has been swapped to a v30.

the 65 is a great speaker.

Cath - you have to click the arrow on the pic page to get the pic of the back.
Last edited by gregs1020 at Aug 28, 2011,
Quote by Skysc
yeah thats what i thought that it was a combo converted .

was the g12-65 in solid state combo from the 80's like the 5210 or was it a JCM/jmp combo ??

i believe the g12-70 ( when celestion reduce the cost ) was in the Solid state marshall .. not the g12-65 .

anyway by checking on ebay .. this seem to be quite an expensive speaker . 189 $ for the heritage g12-65 . its not a 70$ speaker for sure . so my guess is its probably not bad .

But i wonder if it come from a solid state combo or a tube combo ?

g12-65 ??

doesnt really matter to me that its a converted combo . but ill try to drop the price accordingly

and about the rear cord ?? how will it be ?? it wont have the 1/4 jack plate like on a regular cab . ???

i personally don't think that there is a reason, beyond the traditional bartering, to drop the price because it is a converted combo, as long as its construction is solid.

i would be a little irritated if he converted it and didn't advertise it that way IMO, but that is just my ethical code

i picked up a couple of older ampegs a few months ago, and built head cabs because i really dont like combos for some of my purposes for a lot of different reasons.

I sold one of the cabinets as a converted combo, meaning they knew it was a combo amp. the other i still have but havent had the time to finish the conversion.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
It would certainly help in the bargaining process. The fact that you point it out will make him think you know what you are talking about.
Mention how the timber on top isn't as thick as the rest of it like on a real cab. In reality it wouldn't matter jack but it just lets him know that you've noticed. He's almost certainly going to have a female 1/4" socket on a wire inside. If not it's not like it's hard to do youself. You can just get yourself a 1/4" phono extension (so male one end, female the other),chop off the male end, strip the wire, crimp on some spade connectors and you're done.
'Twer it me I'd just fit a 14"socket to the top back panel. If you can solder and use a drill it's pretty easy. Use a metal socket because it will be sticking out a few mm's. Plastic ones break in that sort of situation. Just a normal metal one like this:

They tend to have longer threads too, which is important because it's gotta go through the panel. Worst case scenario is that you may have to add a little metal plate to mount the socket on if the timber is too thick.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Last edited by Cathbard at Aug 28, 2011,
i love the G12-65. at least the one i have here is good.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard