It's annoying, my pick keeps slipping when I sweep pick and when my fretting fingers get sweaty I start to get sloppy. How the hell do you deal with sweat? Are there any ways to shut off the sweat glands in the hands?
I always just wipe my hands onto my jeans. If that doesn't work for you, playing in front of a fan may be your best option.
Treble>Epiphone Prophecy EX - MXR micro Amp - MXR Blue Box - MXR Fullbore - MXR Noise Clamp - Vox AD30VT
Bass>Ibanez BTB505 - MXR Blowtorch - MXR D.I. - Peavey MaxBass 700 - Peavey TVX410
wash your hands more?
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
Yeah I have a fan by my side when I play during hot weather and I wash my hands but my fingers still sweat. My right hand is my biggest problem and my left hand sweats a lot when I practice standing up.
hands meet thigh part of pants

*EDIT* Friction is the Key
Quote by kangaxxter
The only real answer to the SG vs Les Paul debate is to get a Flying V and laugh at all the suckers who don't have one.

Quote by Blompcube

if you embrace inaccurate intonation it can be quite arousing.

I <3 TWEED
Quote by EspTro
hands meet thigh part of pants

*EDIT* Friction is the Key

Point being? Also are there any surgeries that specifically shut off the damn sweat glands on the hands?
Quote by CannedBullets
It's annoying, my pick keeps slipping when I sweep pick and when my fretting fingers get sweaty I start to get sloppy. How the hell do you deal with sweat? Are there any ways to shut off the sweat glands in the hands?

Going to be devils advocate and suggest you just keep a wipe towel with you and play in front of a fan. Maybe get an air conditioner if all youre doing is jamming with friends in a room or just practicing on your own.

When you go to a concert or gig and you see the band is giving their all you see all of them sweat under all the lights and stuff. The guitarist(s) just play through that. Lots of water, lots of wipetowels and wrist sweat bands.

I doubt very much they've had their sweat glands fused (?)

Sounds pretty drastic for something that most guitar players will deal with as part of every day playing.
Quote by CannedBullets
Point being? Also are there any surgeries that specifically shut off the damn sweat glands on the hands?

botox can do that
Quote by kangaxxter
The only real answer to the SG vs Les Paul debate is to get a Flying V and laugh at all the suckers who don't have one.

Quote by Blompcube

I <3 TWEED
Scuff up your picks for extra grip but hands on pants is the best most convenient method I know to dry hands. Always wipe twice! I don't know if surgery is the answer but by all means if you go for the procedure let me know that would be a first for me to hear of.
on a usefull note on my part:

V-picks are quite grippy when your hands sweat
Quote by kangaxxter

Quote by Blompcube

I <3 TWEED
On a relatively irrelevant note, my high school teacher told me her husband shut off the sweat glands in his palms through some surgery, and now he sweats more from his underarms.

Not something you'd want.
Quote by EspTro
on a usefull note on my part:

V-picks are quite grippy when your hands sweat

V-picks?
Quote by CannedBullets
V-picks?

its an online only company and handmade picks. about 4 bucks each for their standard models that arent 11mm thick. i reccomend the screamer of switchblade if u look into them.
Quote by kangaxxter

Quote by Blompcube

I <3 TWEED
There are many different kind of powders that make you sweat less, their is different kinds aswell.
For hand sweat aswell. Try finding something like that in your local area.
Quote by EspTro
botox can do that

Side effect of botox for palm sweats is that there is a possibility for temporary weakness of the muscles in the fingers and hand.

Not the kind of side effect a guitarist would want I'd think.

The pick choice of all alligators.

But really.. Try some different picks. I used to use gel picks and they were impossible to play with when you got really sweaty. Gator grip solved all my problems, and not just sweaty hands.

But if you want to shut off your sweat glans in your fretting hand, your best bet is to chop off your hand.
Last edited by vayne92 at Aug 28, 2011,
I know this is a stupid suggestion but try spraying your hands with anti-perspirant before you play perhaps? doubt itl help but just a suggestion of something you can try but just go with wiping the hands in the jeans i reckon
all jokes aside, please do not cause any part of your body to stop sweating. its extremely unhealthy and can cause heat exhaustion.
Quote by kangaxxter

Quote by Blompcube

I <3 TWEED
I wipe them. Seriously. I actually keep a towel right next to me, 'cause when I play I just sweat so much... THE ENERGY!
Quote by YouTube user
Hey it's Alek from Chillin in Bodom and ears a lick for bitch who can't play dicks.

I wipe my hand on my butt when I get a chance. Fret hand is usually ok, gravity makes the sweat drip away from finger tips.
haha the butt wipe is good but i find when i do that after hours of practice the stench isn't to nice, keep some air freshener near by.
Last edited by HeckRaiser at Aug 28, 2011,
dunlop nylon grip picks
1978 Peavey T-40 -> Ampeg Micro-VR - > Ampeg SVT210AV + Ampeg SVT-15E
Quote by CJ Noble
dunlop nylon grip picks

So what's the difference between max grip Jazz IIIs and nylon Jazz IIIs?
You could always rub a bit of baby powder on your hands before you play. Professional gymnasts and athletes who require as much grip in their hands as possible do the same before they do anything as it helps absorb the sweat and provides extra grip. Never tried it myself but that might work.

But everyone else in their thread (who is serious) already made some good suggestions.