Both the monitor and the amp are connected to the same electrical socket board thing, and so is the computer, a lamp, stereo and another lamp.

My amp is a fender ultimate chorus which is a solid state amp, it's several years old and when I turn it off, most of times, it makes a loud popping sound. Right when I do that, the computer screen, which is some aoc LCD monitor, goes off for about 2 seconds, then back on.
Not sure why the amp affects the screen but none of the other things connected to the board.

Anyone wanna give a shot to explain why this happens?
♜♞♝♚♛♝♞♜
♟♟♟♟♟♟♟♟

♙♙♙♙♙♙♙♙
♖♘♗♕♔♗♘♖

come on get down with me
Quote by Jimmy Recard
electrical socket board thing

could you give us a better description other than "thing."

do you mean power strip? with or without surge protection?

the only thing is know is that the light in the office where our computer is the lights dim when the laser printer fires up.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
I think you might have to much coming from the outlet. Unplug your stereo and the lamps. See if that helps. If it doesnt, then switch sockets? That would be my best guess
you have too many objects plugged into that power strip my friend
GEAR
Squier Strat

Custom Audio Electronics MC404 CAE Wah
MXR Custom Badass '78 Distortion
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Boss RC-3 Looper

Marshall JVM 205C
Quote by trashedlostfdup
could you give us a better description other than "thing."

do you mean power strip? with or without surge protection?

the only thing is know is that the light in the office where our computer is the lights dim when the laser printer fires up.

like that

EDIT: yeah i guess it's called a power strip, lol
♜♞♝♚♛♝♞♜
♟♟♟♟♟♟♟♟

♙♙♙♙♙♙♙♙
♖♘♗♕♔♗♘♖

come on get down with me
Last edited by Jimmy Recard at Aug 28, 2011,
Quote by ac/dcfan5000
you have too many objects plugged into that power strip my friend

but why does it only affect the monitor and none of the other appliances
♜♞♝♚♛♝♞♜
♟♟♟♟♟♟♟♟

♙♙♙♙♙♙♙♙
♖♘♗♕♔♗♘♖

come on get down with me
Quote by Jimmy Recard

like that

Yea thats a power strip. You have to much being used on it. I would plug your lamps and computer into the power strip. Then plug your amp into the free socket. As a precaution, Id turn off the strip before playing guitar. Time consuming? Yes. But worth it
do you have more than one circuit in that room? or just a single circuit (like most houses are these days)?
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
why does it only affect the computer screen and only when i turn off the amp, and only for about 2 seconds...

EDIT: i mean, i really couldnt care less, it's not something i want to 'fix', im just curious as of why this happens, it doesn't bother me to have the screen going black for 2 seconds really.
♜♞♝♚♛♝♞♜
♟♟♟♟♟♟♟♟

♙♙♙♙♙♙♙♙
♖♘♗♕♔♗♘♖

come on get down with me
Last edited by Jimmy Recard at Aug 28, 2011,
The monitor is most sensitive to the amount of power it gets. When you turn off your amp, it spikes the power which creates a little brownout on your power strip. The screen uses a bunch of power and doesn't like losing it quickly, so it blacks out for a second until the current ramps back up. The other things connected to the strip are more flexible in how much power they receive so they work fine.
Quote by Roc8995
The monitor is most sensitive to the amount of power it gets. When you turn off your amp, it spikes the power which creates a little brownout on your power strip. The screen uses a bunch of power and doesn't like losing it quickly, so it blacks out for a second until the current ramps back up. The other things connected to the strip are more flexible in how much power they receive so they work fine.

Exactly what i was going to say
Quote by Roc8995

thanks
♜♞♝♚♛♝♞♜
♟♟♟♟♟♟♟♟

♙♙♙♙♙♙♙♙
♖♘♗♕♔♗♘♖

come on get down with me
The monitor is sucking up the most amount of power, and when you cut off the amp, the surge protector/ power strip shits it's pants for a second to realize what happened, and then fixes the problem, i.e. sends power back to your monitor.