I ordered an Edwards LP 125 in Dark Cherry Burst through e-bay. I was expecting a lot since it had a complete nitrocellulose finish, deep tenon set neck, paper in oil capacitors, CTS pots, aluminum tailpiece, solid mahogany body with carved maple top and book matched maple veneer. I put it on my eBay watch list and I just couldn't stare at it anymore. So I made the purchase after hearing all the good things about Edwards.

I got it today and this things is amazing. Want an equivalent Gibson? Your looking at $3000 dollars. Other than crappy strings I can't complain about a thing. The guitar plays beautifully. Unplugged the guitar sings a sweet song and is fairly loud. It's an amazing guitar. The guitars fit an finish has the signature of a master luthier. Unbelievable!

Last edited by Finger Cramp at Aug 28, 2011,
Nice LP you've got there.. But I'm not sure if you're Gibson reference is accurate. I like my Gibson a lot.
What's even more confusing, your LP looks more like Desert Burst in the second picture, while it looks kind of Cherry Sunburst/Light Burst in the 1st and 3rd picture. :P
Gear pics

Quote by Cathbard
Bugera cloning Blackstar is a scandal cloaked in a tragedy making love to a nightmare.

The Les Paul Traditional is the closest model to compare to this and the price is $3400 on the Gibson site. I'm sure you could get it for $2600-$2800 so I guess your right.
Quote by Finger Cramp
The Les Paul Traditional is the closest model to compare to this and the price is $3400 on the Gibson site. I'm sure you could get it for $2600-$2800 so I guess your right.

Yeah well, the Gibson site hasn't got the real prices.. Musician's Friend has them for 2300 USD and zzounds around the same. And thomann has them for 1900 euros, which is pretty much 2700 USD, thanks to the shipping costs and other stuff.
Anyway, your guitar looks nice. Hopefully it serves you for years.
Gear pics

Quote by Cathbard
Bugera cloning Blackstar is a scandal cloaked in a tragedy making love to a nightmare.

very nice

EDIT: ah i see they have non-reliced all-lacquer ones now. that's a good idea, when i got mine they only had the relic one (whose spec i preferred, but i hate relics, so i just went with the 98).
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Last edited by Dave_Mc at Aug 28, 2011,
I know you said it's a laminate maple veneer, but are you sure it's a veneer and not a real maple cap?
even on the more expensive ones? I thought the more expensive ones had the full maple top, but i could be wrong (or maybe they changed them since i was last looking into them)...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Finger Cramp
The guitar has a plain maple cap with a flame maple veneeer over the cap.

Well, that's just ghetto then.