So my guitar teacher is selling his custom shop epiphone les paul 7 string and i wanted to know if anyone has any experiences with epiphone custom shop, specifically as to how much they cost (new or second hand). I realise the exact guitar will be different but it would be great to know the right area so that i can get my pricing right.

thanks
Its not a custom shop, its limited edition.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
ok, well how much would you expect to buy one for (he has also replaced the pickups to dimarzio's i believe)
I've got a couple of the 7 string les pauls. Paid £350 for each of them but that was a while back when they were still in nearly new condition. You see them come up on ebay for a couple of hundred nowadays, since most of them are fairly beat up. They don't hold tune too well so you'll want to change the tuners and the tension and scale length makes the 7th string super muddy and it can't be intonated properly. But if you want a les paul shape and you like 7 strings, there aren't many other options.
Found out some more facts about it, it has a mahogany and flame maple cap, with the new petrucci crunchlab and liquifire 7s in as pickups + a custom switching option, evaluations appreciated
Quote by kirky boy
Found out some more facts about it, it has a mahogany and flame maple cap, with the new petrucci crunchlab and liquifire 7s in as pickups + a custom switching option, evaluations appreciated

It's got a 24.75" scale length... the guys over at the 7 string thread barely let you get by with 25.5".

In all seriousness, though, 24.75" is a pretty short scale length for a 7 string. You'd be better off finding a Schecter if you like that kind of neck profile, or Ibanez (I'd recommend) if you like thinner necks. I've owned 2 Ibanez 7 strings and I've played a couple more and they are by far the most comfortable 7 strings you can get for the price. Makes the transition super easy.