And to the people that don't know what OCD means it means Obsessive Compulsive Disorder. You can find more info about it here

I have mainly two. My first one is that when I'm in a room, the door has to be closed because I can barely concentrate when it's open

And my second one is that I always brush my teeth before I go to bed because I can't sleep if I know that there is tons of bacteria on my teeth

EDIT: Also my volume has to be in 5's like at 15, 20, 25, 30 etc.
Last edited by LostLegion at Aug 28, 2011,
If I'm smearing fecal matter on my bedroom walls, all spirals must be anti-clockwise, otherwise I'll go fucking insane.

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
The classic one, the volume must be on an even number. I don't even think that classifies as OCD cos it's so common.
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

I do everything in sets of three's so that I won't die.
All the way from Palm Springs, just out of detox.
Show him a warm welcome, let's hear some applause
I have a small bathroom and the sink is right next to the door, so whenever I brush my teeth I have to have the door closed for some reason.
Gear:
Schecter C-1 Elite
Squier Strat
Fender Acoustic
Line 6 POD XT-Live
Blackstar HT-1 Combo
Volume at even numbers, sometimes I have this fixation to keep everything in perfect line etc. Also I feel uncomfortable doing any kind of business in the bathroom with the door open
I used to have this thing where I'd never change songs in the middle of a song, or even in the middle of an album. Nor would I pause. For anything. If I'd started listening, I was in for the long haul. I know it wasn't OCD, though, because if it was I wouldn't have broken it so easily. I guess I was just more focused than I am now.
That's not really ocd.. Ocd is more like you having to press the light switch exactly 23 times before entering a room or your family is gonna die.
It's not an intense one but I feel really uncomfortable if I get into a bed that hasn't been made. I like my blankets to be all straight and neat too when I'm in bed.
Basses:
Fender Precision Bass
Fender Jazz Bass
1967 Fender Coronado Bass II
Warwick Star Bass
Squier Precision Bass TB
Quote by T.s.e
That's not really ocd.. Ocd is more like you having to press the light switch exactly 23 times before entering a room or your family is gonna die.

That's another form of OCD. Some people just need things to be a certain way, like everything needs to be orgainized a certain way or it just bugs them so much they can't concentrate on anything else.
Gear:
Schecter C-1 Elite
Squier Strat
Fender Acoustic
Line 6 POD XT-Live
Blackstar HT-1 Combo
I have to eat the good stuff last and the least favorite foods first. This usually means I have to separate my foods and try not to make them touch. This rule is only broken when the best food is a combination of foods. This usually leads to me trying to get the entire meal to have the same ratio of foods ( so I don't have to worry about eating good last) or by increasing the ratio of something I like better in a specific area.
An example of this rule is eating around the burger instead of right through the middle, Because the middle is the part with the best meat, cheese and all that. People think the spirall-ish eating-pattern I follow is weird. Also sometimes the 1st rule is broken because one thing gets tiring when eaten by itself. So I may pick up a few fries in the middle of eating a burger.

I have lots of weird rituals but I guess most of them are for a reason, not completely unjustified like flicking the light switch 23 times.

Also, not sure if this is an ocd because it's more about keeping my fingers busy than repetitive behavior but I have to tap surfaces ( or make my hands tap themselves if a surface looks germy) or play with my pencil. This also goes on with my legs/ toes. I have 6 different muscle contractions that I play with in certain orders to simulate a song in my head.
Day man
Fighter of the Night man
Champion of the sun
You’re a master of karate and friendship…for everyone
Ooooohhhhhh yeah.

1. Counting my steps. I don't mean "It took 73 steps to get to my car." I mean I'll count in twos, fours, sixes, etc. I'll need to take an even amount of steps on certain surfaces. Like "Okay, I need to take an even number of steps on the pavement before I start to walk on the grass over there. And I need to take an even number of steps on that grass."

2. Buttons. I have to get a satisfying click out of things like light switches, buttons, etc. If I don't, I'll keep doing it over again until I do.

3. Body symmetry. If I get my right arm wet, I need to get my left arm wet. If I'm walking down the sidewalk, and I step on an acorn or something with the heel of my left foot, I'll need to do the same with my right. I'm the same with my car. If I hit a bump with the left wheels, I'll try to do the same with my right.

I could name more, but you get the gist.
Quote by The Madcap
Ooooohhhhhh yeah.

1. Counting my steps. I don't mean "It took 73 steps to get to my car." I mean I'll count in twos, fours, sixes, etc. I'll need to take an even amount of steps on certain surfaces. Like "Okay, I need to take an even number of steps on the pavement before I start to walk on the grass over there. And I need to take an even number of steps on that grass."

2. Buttons. I have to get a satisfying click out of things like light switches, buttons, etc. If I don't, I'll keep doing it over again until I do.

3. Body symmetry. If I get my right arm wet, I need to get my left arm wet. If I'm walking down the sidewalk, and I step on an acorn or something with the heel of my left foot, I'll need to do the same with my right. I'm the same with my car. If I hit a bump with the left wheels, I'll try to do the same with my right.

I could name more, but you get the gist.

This, all of this.

Also, if I'm walking on squared pavement or something, I'm careful to make sure there's a pattern in my movement.
Jesus God damn titty-fucking Christ, that is not Obsessive Compulsive Disorder, and you can't have "OCD's." OCD is a serious and often debilitating mental illness.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
Quote by DaddyTwoFoot
Jesus God damn titty-fucking Christ, that is not Obsessive Compulsive Disorder, and you can't have "OCD's." OCD is a serious and often debilitating mental illness.

+1

Y'all niggas retarded.
Quote by DaddyTwoFoot

You should be an example in the thread asking why there's not as many people on this site anymore
Quote by Burningritual
You should be an example in the thread asking why there's not as many people on this site anymore

Sure bro sure.

I'm surprised it's taken me seven years to do it.
Quote by dudetheman

Quote by RU Experienced?
+1

Y'all niggas retarded.

Because OCD is so much more serious than being mentally retarded.
Day man
Fighter of the Night man
Champion of the sun
Besides my OCD for being awesome? No.

Quote by Julz127
ITT: No one has OCD.

That's OCD. -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rn1OYlYzgm8

God damn I hate it when news reporters talk like that.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
I find it somewhat insulting when other people claim they have an OCD, but they actually just have some things they like a certain way.
Tonight I kill your fucking face.
I killed your face.

HG FC: 4211 7971 0287
Plt FC: 3052 1000 9033
Quote by LostLegion
My volume has to be in 5's like at 15, 20, 25, 30 etc.
This. I also can't sleep if I feel or know that I'm filthy and in need of a shower.
You are now using UG Black.
You are now using UG Classic.

Listening to: Duke Ellington

I'm sick and tired of people calling America the stupidest country in the world. I personally think Europe is the stupidest country.
I have some odd obsessions with how certain things are in order, but it's not nearly at the level of OCD. Just me being nitpicky.
Quote by Kensai
Besides my OCD for being awesome? No.

God damn I hate it when news reporters talk like that.

That whole newscast was pretty dumb. I'm pretty sure that Howie Mandel is just a regular mysophobe, not someone with OCD. They just needed someone famous to shoehorn in so people would pay attention, accuracy be damned!
Quote by dudetheman

First: a lot of people have a few obsessive compulsive tendencies. Very, very few people have Obsessive Compulsive Disorder.

Second: you put an apostrophe in the title. I'm guessing you meant it to be plural.

Third: you can't have several of the same disorder. You either have OCD or you don't.

You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.
There is a small mailbox here.

Steam: | PSN: Zeroxxed | Twitter:
You guys are taking this too seriously. It's like jokingly calling your friend blind after you point at something he can't see. No one freaks out after that.
We're just talking about ocd- ish moments.
Day man
Fighter of the Night man
Champion of the sun
Quote by butterfingers30
That's another form of OCD. Some people just need things to be a certain way, like everything needs to be orgainized a certain way or it just bugs them so much they can't concentrate on anything else.

You and everyone else who thinks this way is fukken wrong.

Learn.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

Quote by Zero-Hartman
If I'm smearing fecal matter on my bedroom walls, all spirals must be anti-clockwise, otherwise I'll go fucking insane.
You are now using UG Black.
You are now using UG Classic.

Listening to: Duke Ellington

I'm sick and tired of people calling America the stupidest country in the world. I personally think Europe is the stupidest country.
My clothes have to be in R.O.Y.G.B.I.V. colour order. I have to take my camera and money everywhere I go. My nails can't be chipped at all and need to be repainted a different colour every 5 days. When I do homework I have to lsten to Eisley or else I wont be able to concentrate. When I play video games -on the wii, playstation, computer or anywhere- have to mute the music and play Daydream Anatomy -stratkat- or else I fail all my levels. Clothes have to be folded a certain way. When I eat dinner my food had to be put in the order of the food pyramid -you know grains, meats/protein and that kind of stuff. When I come in the house frm being outside I wash my hadns then use hand sanitizer. When I go to the store I usually get the product in the very back of the shelves so that I dont have anyone else's sickness or germs. I bring Clorox Wetwipes on the cart handles at the store. I use hadn sanitizer after I shop. My computer has to be in lock mode evertiem I leave it -even for 2 minutes I dont want my dad looking at what Im on- I have to do my homeowrk in this order -LA, Math, SS, Science- I always eat lunch at exactly 12:30 if I dont finish making my lunch before 12:30 to eat it at 12:30 than I skip lunch. I wear lipgloss before I talk on the phone and after I finish cleaning I always take a shower.

-Raqi ^^
Quote by metal4eva_22
Banned because reading wht you types is for hookers and fat peopel.
Quote by Wolfinator-x
I'm so hip, I know Victoria's secret.
Quote by Wolfinator-x
Banned for looking at rather corpulent gluteus maximi.
Quote by T.s.e

This. Although you know your family isn't going to die, but you can never be too sure, so you do it anyway.

Nobody understands OCD, and it pisses me off.

As for actual OCD, the most amusing obsession/compulsion I've had was a couple of summers ago, where I had to be careful when entering my room at night, and turn the light on by cracking the door open slightly and sticking my hand in carefully but quickly, then switching on the light. Why did I do this, you ask? I was afraid zombies might spawn in the dark. Despite the fact that I knew it was not only improbable but completely impossible for zombies to randomly spawn in the dark in one particular room in my house, I was still afraid of it.

Although I've heard that in some very severe cases, obsession can become delusion. It's very rare, though.
Last edited by Holy Katana at Aug 28, 2011,
Quote by T.s.e

I do this sometimes, except without counting. Idk why I do it.
Quote by yaaarp
You guys are taking this too seriously. It's like jokingly calling your friend blind after you point at something he can't see. No one freaks out after that.
We're just talking about ocd- ish moments.

No. It's like finding out that something you thought was true about the world (maybe that there's more than one brand of chips) actually isn't, and then you're in a crowd and think you hear someone calling your name, and say OMG YOU GUYS I HAD A DELUSION AND I HEARD VOICES I HAVE SCHIZOPHRENIA.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)