Hello everyone!

So I was browsing the web earlier today searching for some apps that are music related and I then realised there wasn't a thread about this on UG.

I thaught it would be awesome to have a "What program" thread.

There could be differrent cattegories like: Theory, Ear training, Speed training, and so on..

And each category will have a list of programs/applications with a description and a link to the site.

I'm prepared to start a thread like this but only if there are people interested

So guys, what do you think of it?
Any crit, feedback, suggestions are welcome!
Last edited by kishintai at Aug 28, 2011,
Sure. I use Audacity and LMMS, and I might download Ardour at some point. Freeware ftw.
CuSO4

"I don't have an instrument, I don't have a great voice, I just have some nice clothes maybe." paul rutherford
Quote by Hereiwas
Sure. I use Audacity and LMMS, and I might download Ardour at some point. Freeware ftw.

This, foss software is awesome. I don't think I have any closed-source software on this computer.

I use LMMS, Audacity, Hydrogen, MilkyTracker here and there, Ardour, Rosegarden, etc.
Last edited by SlayingDragons at Aug 28, 2011,
If you're using Audacity because it's free, stop. Start using REAPER because it's also free and capable of so much more.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

GNU Solfege
Quite possibly the most invaluable piece of software for a musician. And it's free.
It's an ear-training program that lets you practice not only intervals, but chords and rhythms too.

Audacity
Very good, free, recording program

Reaper
Same as audacity, not used much though
Quote by SteveHouse
If you're using Audacity because it's free, stop. Start using REAPER because it's also free and capable of so much more.

This, Audacity isn't that bad, but once you start using Reaper, you can't look back
2013 #5 Uger
2012 #7 Uger

Quote by jetfuel495
Jesus, Horsedick, you are my hero

Quote by JayT44
don't worry guys his girlfriend is black, she said it was okay for him to say that.

Stalk Me

Shitty Covers

Original Music

Lastfm
Quote by SteveHouse

This.