hey guys, so there is currently a hurricane going on outside (i live in northern mass about 45 minutes from boston) and as i watched a tree fall down outside my window, i was picking up my guitar and started playing a little bit.

i will be performing my first gigs this year and i'm really looking to expand my gear a little bit, so what i want is some of your recommendations on the effects I'm looking for:

flanger: max $150

overdrive: nothing too crazy expensive but i want a really great tone out of it

delay: i really have my eyes set on the mxr carbon copy but any other recommendations around the same price would be appreciated

a/b switcher

chorus: im a huge fan of the mxr black label society chorus, but again, other recommendations are welcomed

looper: mostly for home use unless i need a 3rd guitar part at a gig. I've been looking into the boss rc30

wah: i have an old crybaby 535q but have been consider a bad horsie 2 because i want one that turns on as soon as you put ur foot on it

and finally a powered pedal board big enough to support and power 10 plus pedals and preferably is its own case that i can just close it up and move it out.

my current gear is:
schecter c1 hellraiser ex
vht special 6 ultra
mxr fullbore metal
mxr 10 band eq
korg pitchblack

i play mostly metal (all that remains, killswitch, bullet... etc). i would like to have my rig set up in a way that i can have the mxr full bore over a clean channel and the overdrive over a dirty channel so that i can a/b between the 2.

Thanks guys!! have fun with this, there isn't much better to do today
If your thinking about a delay check out the malekko ekko 616. Its infinatly better than the carbon copy.
Quote by joshua garcia
I was incredibly drunk and only really remember writing a fanfic where ESP was getting porked by a pony.

Quote by guitar0player
I'd honestly fap to anything with a set of genitals as long as I find it aesthetically appealing.
If you don't mind cheaper stuff get the zoom pedal... It has some awesome effects on that..... And also red sox suck
Roses are red
Voilets are blue
The only bulge in my pocket is my wallet
No i'm not happy to see you
im not a baseball kinda guy, i play lax. and price doesn't matter to me as much as quality does. i'll spend more or less as long as I'm getting good quality.

just took a look at the zoom and I'm not a huge fan of any type of modeling stuff. be it modeling amps or multi-fx. i'd rather have a single pedal that is great at doing just one thing than a multi fx that is mediocre at doing a bunch of things. I like quality, not quantity
Last edited by andrerist at Aug 28, 2011,
i have digitech gsp 1101 for sale . rackmount multi effect .

3 000 000 persons without power .

im selling my :
-Roland micro cube :750 $
-Vox amplug metal ( work with 2 AA battery ) : 350 $
-vox amplug ac30 : 750 $
- Vox DA5 : 1200 $
- rockman headphone amp : 950 $

------------ theres nothing to do . the storm wont hit very much here in Montreal . but heavy rain and strong wind are coming .

n-e way .. shitty day ..
Bedroom rock star :

- Gibson Les paul Standard 2001 Honeyburst .
- Agile 3200 Slim
Last edited by Skysc at Aug 28, 2011,
Quote by epiphone316
$750 FOR A MICROCUBE?

Anyways get the boss dd6 for delay.

anyways

im taking advantage that people has no power !!! .

everything Battery powered has a great value today
Bedroom rock star :

- Gibson Les paul Standard 2001 Honeyburst .
- Agile 3200 Slim
i really don't want anything to do with a digital effect. i prefer the sound of analog effects. also, the simpler to use the better. the mxr and the malekko have 3 basic controls, thats all i really need
Quote by Skysc
i have digitech gsp 1101 for sale . rackmount multi effect .

3 000 000 persons without power .

im selling my :
-Roland micro cube :750 $
-Vox amplug metal ( work with 2 AA battery ) : 350 $
-vox amplug ac30 : 750 $
- Vox DA5 : 1200 $
- rockman headphone amp : 950 $

------------ theres nothing to do . the storm wont hit very much here in Montreal . but heavy rain and strong wind are coming .

n-e way .. shitty day ..

HILT!

Where's Waldo?

Fulltone Fulldrive, rated as one of the best
Fulltone Plimsoul gives trebly OD, should try first
Corona Chorus
Green Rhino OD gives a bit of honk to the sound, can dial in lows, not sure if what you are looking for
Aqua Puss analog delay
The Elements looks very interesting
You don't like digital delays? Weirdo!
"If you're looking for me,
you better check under the sea,
because that's where you'll find me..."
Why not go for a Midi setup?

Get like a G Major unit, floor board and a MIDI compatiable amp.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
I like my Small Clone. It's analog, I use it for very sublte 12 string like sounds, but it can get kinda freaky. Its like $85.
i would go Ekko 616 over an aquapuss or carbon copy.

the aquapuss only has 300ms of delay, while the 616 has 600ms and i believe that the carboncopy has 600ms as well.

while not everybody needs more delay, 300ms is pretty short.

as far as Ekko v. Carbon Copy goes, you can do soooooo much more with the modulation on the 616, whether it be more of a chorusy type thing or a vibrato. also it is really handy that the 616 has a switch for tb/bbp.

i own a 616 and love it, and played the carbon copy and aquapuss before buying the 616 and took the gamble of buying before playing, and i made the right decision with the 616.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
wish we could get that rain...
MARTY FRIEDMAN--"It’s a lot easier to be technical than it is stylized; it really is... But I think it’s a lot more rare to have someone who’s really got their own sound because that’s something you can’t practice."
New amp if you plan on gigging
My gear-
Schecter C-1 Classic
Mesa Boogie 2 Ch. Dual Rectifier(blackface)
And some pedals

For sale Minty Ibanez RGA7 seven string with tour grade hsc $330+s/h or best offer!
PM me if interested

R.I.P Ashley S. Jean
new amp and a boss dd-20 best delay pedal ever
Gear:
Peavey 6505 120W Head
Ibanez Rga32 (FOR SALE)
Laney Lv412a Cab(FOR SALE)
Soon To Get::
Boss DD20
Morley Bad Horsie II
i'm happy with my amp for now, I'm off to college next year so its not worth spending the money on a new amp right now. i'd rather have a pedal board that i can move to the next amp when that time comes