Guys, I need some help right now. I've just started on guitar not too long ago and I've changed the strings into Elixir Nanoweb just yesterday. I picked that because that's what most people have suggested me to. So I brought my acoustic guitar to the shop and let the shopkeeper do the work (I don't know how to do it on my own). Okay, now that I've changed the strings, everything looks brand new, looks cool but something's wrong. The sound that it produced is kinda too 'metal'. It doesn't sound like how it usually would sound like..all the strings're in the correct tune. I've checked that. So any suggestions on to how I can fix this?
new strings have a much brighter sound than worn strings. over time, strings change in tone. especially on an acoustic and even more so on coated strings like the nanoweb ones. just keep playing it. itl eventually mellow out.
The strings just need to be broken in. Its the way the new strings will always sound. I actually like the sound of new strings. Give it a week or so and theyll go back to sounding the same.
ehm, how long are they one, it sometimes is because they are new, they dont sound good yet
also did the shopkeeper prestretch them?
ahh really? it's nice to hear that lol i was kinda freaked out the moment it sounded so different

Quote by Leon987
ehm, how long are they one, it sometimes is because they are new, they dont sound good yet
also did the shopkeeper prestretch them?

you mean the old one? i don't know it's been there since I bought it around march. thanks for the info though! yup he did prestretched them
Last edited by Oathkeeper94 at Aug 28, 2011,
btw, that metally sound, is good

the other soudn your thinking of, is overtly bassy and muddy, if you've kept the strings on the guitar for that long.
Quote by 00_hns_00
btw, that metally sound, is good

the other soudn your thinking of, is overtly bassy and muddy, if you've kept the strings on the guitar for that long.

haha oh yea? but sometimes it's a bit hard to figure out the tune though coz everything sounds like about the same to me LOL
guess i'll have to get used to it somehow soon
There is not 1 brand of strings that works for every guitar. Let the strings settle for a few days and the "metal" sound should mellow. If it's still too much then I'd try another brand of strings. I love elixirs on most of my acoustics, but I have a couple that sound horrible with them.
Not taking any online orders.