Page 1 of 17
Bought a Egnator renegade and im trying to get my tone. Please go to the last page
My newest cover Rivers Of Babylon sublime style.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=J_E7iWLxmiA

My gear:
taylor 310
Fender strat MiM
Cry Baby-GCB-95
Tone port ux2
tascam dp4
80s rock, classic rock, classic metal
Last edited by silly6-string at Mar 10, 2012,
The JCM800 is the only one of those I'd be seen on stage with and I'd be happy to do it.
I'd happily practice or record with a Class 5 but wouldn't take it on stage in a pink fit.
I wouldn't be seen dead with a Haze 15.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
^ idiot.

Haze all the way!
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Quote by gregs1020
^ idiot.

Haze all the way!

You really should use a or a He may think you're serious. Sarcasm doesn't translate well without emoticons.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
JCM is my vote. Might be loud in the bedroom, but it'd look more "professional", per se, on stage.
Are you actually gigging?

I would say jcm800. Which model are we talking about here?

and weren't you told to stop making these threads?
Quote by Boonnoo666
Another factor that has grown this myth is a bunch of opinionated guys who really don't know what they're talking about, which to be brutally honest is a bunch of you guys on here.
And so what was wrong with the DSL? Do you have OCD or something?
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
and

*reported*

obvious troll is obvious
Last edited by gregs1020 at Aug 28, 2011,
How many threads will you make on amps?
Guitars: Fender FSR Standard Strat, Squire Affinity Strat, Epiphone Nighthawk
Amps: Vox AC15C1, Roland Cube 15x, Peavey KB-1
Pedals: Digitech RP355, HD500, Joyo AC-Tone, EHX Soul Food
silly6-string: This is your last "what amp?" thread. If you have any questions relating to any amp, ask it in here. Update the original post if you need to, but this is the last one you get. If you create another "what amp?" thread, I will warn or ban you accordingly.

Everyone else: Because of that, no more spam in this thread. If you have an opinion, offer it up. If you don't, don't post.
Feel free to call me Kyle.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
there is some jcm 800 at gc used. I dont know what models do what. IF you guys can help me that be great.

also whats the difference between a straight cab and slanted? besides looks

Cranked the c5 sounds amazing.

Jcm sounds good

haze was a may be.

basically you guys are the only ppl i can ask questions about amps. So to the people who actually helping ty very much.

My gear:
taylor 310
Fender strat MiM
Cry Baby-GCB-95
Tone port ux2
tascam dp4
I wouldn't get the Haze if you are planning on keeping the new amp. The Class 5 sounds great but if you are going for a marshall tone, you wont get the fullness of it on stage due to size. It looks like everyone is voting for the jcm800, but does it have to be a Marshall? There are many other amps that you wouldn't be able to tell the difference from a Marshall.

I'd look at a Blackstar HT-20. Its not exactly the same thing. But its up the same alley as a Marshall and covers the same genres + some.
you are correct i had a black star. I liked it but do to the fact i didnt have warrantee, i sent it back.

combos are killing me. There too heavy

so now im looking for a head and cab style.

i like black star40 just to heavy and the 60 was way out there on weight. I dunno how the ht20 head would perform gig wise.

For the jcm 600 they sound nice but i dont know what the numbers mean.

My gear:
taylor 310
Fender strat MiM
Cry Baby-GCB-95
Tone port ux2
tascam dp4
Last edited by silly6-string at Aug 28, 2011,
you had a warranty.

the manufacturers warranty from black star is 1 year.

you didn't have an extended warranty from the retailer.

but of course you ignored that information when it was given to you.

why? we can only speculate.

that's an informative post, you should re-read it, twice.
Quote by gregs1020
you had a warranty.

the manufacturers warranty from black star is 1 year.

you didn't have an extended warranty from the retailer.

but of course you ignored that information when it was given to you.

why? we can only speculate.

that's an informative post, you should re-read it, twice.

actually i new about the year warranty .
But tubes are only 45 days etc.
If you read on the black star site itself the warranty covers nothing.

So a extended warranty is needed.

100 watt head bs is 400 at gc used. For the 100 watt head how can i play this in my bedroom and not kill my house mates? Or is the 20 good enough that way i can crank it at gigs and get the roar of the amp going.

all the rockers i love play marshalls.

My gear:
taylor 310
Fender strat MiM
Cry Baby-GCB-95
Tone port ux2
tascam dp4
Quote by silly6-string

100 watt head bs is 400 at gc used. For the 100 watt head how can i play this in my bedroom and not kill my house mates? Or is the 20 good enough that way i can crank it at gigs and get the roar of the amp going.

all the rockers i love play marshalls.

My favorite guitarists are Jeff Beck, Eric Johnson, SRV, and Hendrix, and I play all of that on a tele, and it sounds fine.

Chances are you'll never be able to recreate the tone of all your favorite rockers so I wouldn't worry about that if I were you. Also, the people you like probably don't use Haze, c5 or jcm. IMO Marshall should've stopped making amps in 85' but thats besides the point.

I do have one question though so that fellow forum readers and I can help you further into your journey of picking out an amp that suits you:

Do you want a combo?

You listed that you were looking at a Class 5, Haze and jcm800 yet a couple posts above, you said you wanted a head and cab because combos are too heavey

Please help me so we can help you

Quote by Dmaj7
My favorite guitarists are Jeff Beck, Eric Johnson, SRV, and Hendrix, and I play all of that on a tele, and it sounds fine.

Chances are you'll never be able to recreate the tone of all your favorite rockers so I wouldn't worry about that if I were you. Also, the people you like probably don't use Haze, c5 or jcm. IMO Marshall should've stopped making amps in 85' but thats besides the point.

I do have one question though so that fellow forum readers and I can help you further into your journey of picking out an amp that suits you:

Do you want a combo?

You listed that you were looking at a Class 5, Haze and jcm800 yet a couple posts above, you said you wanted a head and cab because combos are too heavey

Please help me so we can help you

well jcm head
haze 15 head
class 5 is prob light.

Combos are heavy

i like Hendrix,slash,Freddi king, British tone. calssic rock southern rock

I had a ht40 but it was way heavy. I was thinking ht20 head o the 100.

My gear:
taylor 310
Fender strat MiM
Cry Baby-GCB-95
Tone port ux2
tascam dp4
Whats your budget? Because its pointless to get a decent head only to have a terrible cab.
Quote by Dmaj7
Whats your budget? Because its pointless to get a decent head only to have a terrible cab.

very true. For now i wanna concentrate on head. 700 is budget for head or get luck and get head and cab for 700

enough watts to do home,practice and gigs.

also a vol where i can get good gain without cranking it

My gear:
taylor 310
Fender strat MiM
Cry Baby-GCB-95
Tone port ux2
tascam dp4
Quote by Dmaj7

how would the a head cab work? combos like i said are heavy im 6-2 160 lbs there heavy for me. ID prefer a head and cab.

i looked into egnator amps they come stocked with great tube brands already and good speakers.

My gear:
taylor 310
Fender strat MiM
Cry Baby-GCB-95
Tone port ux2
tascam dp4
Well you could always get a case with wheels

Just saying, that amp right there is better quality than any Marshall Head and Cab in that range.
Quote by silly6-string

all the extended warranty does is extend the manufacturers warranty. so if thought the mfg warranty sucked, why would you pay to extend it for 3 more years?

nobody warranties tubes very long, you're lucky they gave you 45 days, in most cases it's 30.

i still don't understand what is wrong with the blackstar, except it doesn't say MARSHALL on the front.

so what's wrong with it again? the warranty that sucks that you want to extend?

you know you can purchase the extended warranty up to 45 days after the initial purchase. so why not just do that? you only have 30 days to return it.

i'm so confused.

and how are you going to get a JCM800 for $700?

i'm so confused.

please help me understand and prove that you aren't trolling again?

ok thanks, i'll await your response.
Quote by gregs1020
all the extended warranty does is extend the manufacturers warranty. so if thought the mfg warranty sucked, why would you pay to extend it for 3 more years?

nobody warranties tubes very long, you're lucky they gave you 45 days, in most cases it's 30.

i still don't understand what is wrong with the blackstar, except it doesn't say MARSHALL on the front.

so what's wrong with it again? the warranty that sucks that you want to extend?

you know you can purchase the extended warranty up to 45 days after the initial purchase. so why not just do that? you only have 30 days to return it.

i'm so confused.

and how are you going to get a JCM800 for $700?

i'm so confused.

please help me understand and prove that you aren't trolling again?

ok thanks, i'll await your response.

1. the mf warranty garrentee's anything on the product. If i spill something on it boom they fix it. anything basically. I liked the ht40 but it was too heavy and the warranty.(sorry but ive typed this a million times). I do like the bstar but i wanna get a head cab.

2.gc had a used jcm800 for 700

3.im confused to but dmaj7 is being very helpful

4. im confused cause i dont know what a troll is. Im a big tall d and d monster with 1 eye? doesn't make sense anyway ...

5. Egnator sounds nice again its a combo. i wanna find a head and cab easier to carry to practice.

6. Renegade is 65 watts. DO i have to crank it to get that nice sustain sound. Its either bs 20 head or bs 100 head or egnator series heads. I just dont want a combo.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIZvBQabUdw&feature=fvwp&NR=1 this sounds nice and answer some questions for me

jsut want a nice blusey clean and nice rippin gain channel and this renegade is good

My gear:
taylor 310
Fender strat MiM
Cry Baby-GCB-95
Tone port ux2
tascam dp4
S6s, a troll is basically someone who comes on forums just the post random things and try's to pick fights, make random threads, and some other stuff. you don't really want to be called a troll.

Here's Wikipedia's defanition of a troll

In Internet slang, a troll is someone who posts inflammatory,[2] extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum, chat room, or blog, with the primary intent of provoking readers into an emotional response[3] or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.[4] The noun troll may refer to the provocative message itself, as in: "That was an excellent troll you posted". While the word troll and its associated verb trolling are associated with Internet discourse, media attention in recent years has made such labels subjective, with trolling describing intentionally provocative actions outside of an online context. For example, mass media uses troll to describe "a person who defaces Internet tribute sites with the aim of causing grief to families."[5][6]
Guitars: Fender FSR Standard Strat, Squire Affinity Strat, Epiphone Nighthawk
Amps: Vox AC15C1, Roland Cube 15x, Peavey KB-1
Pedals: Digitech RP355, HD500, Joyo AC-Tone, EHX Soul Food
Last edited by kutless999 at Aug 28, 2011,
again, you have up to 45 days after initial purchase to buy the extended warranty.

it won't cover spills though, ever.

so help me out, what again is the problem with the warranty?

if you want a head AND cab for $700?

or is that just the head?

help me, help you.

or keep on trolling.
Quote by kutless999
S6s, a troll is basically someone who comes on forums just the post random things and try's to pick fights, make random threads, and some other stuff. you don't really want to be called a troll.

Here's Wikipedia's defanition of a troll

thats funny... i guess i understand why u say that. Im not that. Im just a guy with questions. know one i talk to or work with knows anything about amps. You guys are it!!! sad right?

My gear:
taylor 310
Fender strat MiM
Cry Baby-GCB-95
Tone port ux2
tascam dp4
Quote by silly6-string
1. the mf warranty garrentee's anything on the product. If i spill something on it boom they fix it. anything basically. I liked the ht40 but it was too heavy and the warranty.(sorry but ive typed this a million times). I do like the bstar but i wanna get a head cab.

2.gc had a used jcm800 for 700

3.im confused to but dmaj7 is being very helpful

4. im confused cause i dont know what a troll is. Im a big tall d and d monster with 1 eye? doesn't make sense anyway ...

5. Egnator sounds nice again its a combo. i wanna find a head and cab easier to carry to practice.

6. Renegade is 65 watts. DO i have to crank it to get that nice sustain sound. Its either bs 20 head or bs 100 head or egnator series heads. I just dont want a combo.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIZvBQabUdw&feature=fvwp&NR=1 this sounds nice and answer some questions for me

jsut want a nice blusey clean and nice rippin gain channel and this renegade is good

The combo has a 18w/65w switch, so technically no. Not sure about the head. I'm sure it has it.
Quote by Dmaj7
The combo has a 18w/65w switch, so technically no. Not sure about the head. I'm sure it has it.

ya the head does have the switch

My gear:
taylor 310
Fender strat MiM
Cry Baby-GCB-95
Tone port ux2
tascam dp4
how much does a 2 12 cab weigh? also how many watts would you prefer for outside gigs and small clubs? if miced?

thinking blackstar or egnator

My gear:
taylor 310
Fender strat MiM
Cry Baby-GCB-95
Tone port ux2
tascam dp4
212's weight a fair bit, depends on the speakers generally...

again, you have up to 45 days after initial purchase to buy the extended warranty.

it won't cover spills though, ever.

so help me out, what again is the problem with the warranty?

if you want a head AND cab for $700?

or is that just the head?

help me, help you.

or keep on trolling.
Quote by silly6-string
how much does a 2 12 cab weigh?

How long is a piece of string? seriously that is a stupidly ambiguous question. every brand and model of 2x12 is going to weigh different amounts, some are far heavier some are far lighter, if you know the model you are after google it.

Quote by silly6-string

also how many watts would you prefer for outside gigs and small clubs? if miced?

If I was gigging anywhere I dont think I'd want anything less than 50w, unless it was an AC30 style amp where I had the full intention of running the volume tapped out.
Quote by Oldmonkeys

If I was gigging anywhere I dont think I'd want anything less than 50w, unless it was an AC30 style amp where I had the full intention of running the volume tapped out.

ty and no question is a dumb question.

My gear:
taylor 310
Fender strat MiM
Cry Baby-GCB-95
Tone port ux2
tascam dp4
you could just put wheels on the combo

also, I noticed that you've been here since 07 and you have over 1 post per day and that you just learned what a troll was
HILT!

Where's Waldo?