Well - where I live it's absolutely pouring out so what an oppertune time to write up a NGD.

The Guitar: 2004 MIM Fender Stratocaster Special Edition.

Sexy Matching Headstock (I'm a complete sucker for them)

Body Shot

Features:
As far as specs are concerned it's your fairly standard fat strat. SSH pickup configuration, 22 frets, alder body, rosewood fretboard, blah, blah, blah.....Nothing so special there.

Sound:
The guitar has a pretty wide array of sounds that it can produce. The bridge humbucker handles distortion much better than the standard strats single coil - much, much crunchier and lots more oomph. The neck pickup can get pretty creamy sounding. However my main complaint about the guitar is the pickups are somewhat noisy, not unbearably nosiy but enough to be annoying. I've ordered some shielding to see if that will help cut down on the noise, but I think that some noiseless picks may eventually be in order.

Fit, Finish and Action:
The guitar has a Metallic Silver finish with matching headstock, hence the special edition tag. Only a 124 other guitars were made with the same finish. The pickguard that was on the guitar when I got it was a horrid metallic gold color ( ) and it was imeadity replaced with the black one. There are a few dings and a small crack in the finish. The guitar was setup excellently when I got it - innotation was bang on, action was nice and low.

Durability:
The hardware for the guitar seems pretty solid, tuners hold tune pretty well, all the knobs and switches work properly. The one notable exception is the input jack which constantly seems to wiggle around a bit. The guy I bought it from said that he gigged pretty freaquently with the guitar and from what I've seen in my first couple days of playing it, I think it's a pretty solid instrument.

Final Thoughts:
The guitar does have a few minor flaws, being a little beat up, wiggly input jack and the pickups are bit noisy. But considering I only paid $225 bucks for this bad boy, and it's my first proper electric; I have to say I'm quite pleased.
HNGD!
For Frodo!
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
No because a world full of marbles silly man is just as real as a half empty glass of microwaved nesquik.
I could take or leave the metallic gray, but the black stripes are quite sweet and good call on switching out the pickgaurd. HNGD!
Better, Faster, Stronger

Kansas City Chiefs

Kansas State Wildcats
Quote by airbrendie
Hey guys in the last 3 weeks I ****ed all the girls in this picture, what do you think?

I love matching headstocks too but for a second there, I thought it was maple since the pics kinda suck

Looks sexy nonetheless
HILT!

Where's Waldo?

Hngd!!
Actually, I go by Dave, but there are already too many Daves on this forum.

Fender MIM Stratocaster
Fender Jaguar Bass
Epiphone EJ200 Super Jumbo
Fender Excelsior 13w
Acoustic B300HD (with matching 1x12 cab)
BOSS BD-2W
NYC Big Muff Pi
You should paint it yellow but keep the black stripes, go all Bruins on your guitar

HNGD!
2012 Gibson Les Paul Custom Classic
2001 Schecter C-1 Classic
2007 Yamaha APX500
Vox AC15CC1 w/ Eminence Tonkerlite
Assorted Pedals!

All for sale!

Call me Matt!
Quote by JustRooster
I've always loved matching headstocks.

+1
Actually, I go by Dave, but there are already too many Daves on this forum.

Fender MIM Stratocaster
Fender Jaguar Bass
Epiphone EJ200 Super Jumbo
Fender Excelsior 13w
Acoustic B300HD (with matching 1x12 cab)
BOSS BD-2W
NYC Big Muff Pi
Strats with rosewood boards and matching headstocks are my favorites. Love the black pickguard too. Black or silver pup covers and knobs would be nice too.
sexy!!

HNGD
Belief is a beautiful armour but makes for the heaviest sword.
Looks good!

Happy new guitar day
Quote by Boonnoo666
Another factor that has grown this myth is a bunch of opinionated guys who really don't know what they're talking about, which to be brutally honest is a bunch of you guys on here.