I was wondering if anyone knows of any cool and free mods for a dual mini-humbucker equipped electric. I'm tired of spending money, and I figured that there have to be good mods that deliver tone but not bankruptcy.
And one more thing. No load pots are already in use. So don't mention them.
Quote by Most_Triumphant
Depends, I don't know what pickups go good with plywood. EMGs will make it sound like every other EMG guitar though.

Quote by JazzMunkeyy
it needs a silver flakes
and sara underwood
Well... It depends on the sort of mod you want.
Would you like an improvement on tone or features?

For tone I can't think of much aside changing the pickups, but for features you could add a killswitch, onboard FX (however I don't recommend this).
Killswitches are very easy to install and good fun.

Another thing you could try is a piezo pickup built into the bridge if it's a TOM. And if you've got a bit more cash to splash you could invest in a midi system.

Hope this helps
I honestly don't care. Just something to try. Like sticking fruit in there. Something no one has done would be cool. I've got new pups in there already. I've been switching my pickups all day trying to optimize it.
Quote by Most_Triumphant
Depends, I don't know what pickups go good with plywood. EMGs will make it sound like every other EMG guitar though.

Quote by JazzMunkeyy
it needs a silver flakes
and sara underwood
Quote by y2k11hmmm?
I honestly don't care. Just something to try. Like sticking fruit in there. Something no one has done would be cool. I've got new pups in there already. I've been switching my pickups all day trying to optimize it.

Well fruit would be very different, but I don't know if it'd improve your tone. I think most mods will have been tried already though... So yeah, just stuff it full of fruit
*I do not take responsibility for any damage done to your guitar from this process.
if you have the tools you could try scalloping some frets
"It's not about who has the biggest stick, it's about how hard you can swing it"
Fruit doesn't help. But what about yogurt?
Quote by Most_Triumphant

Quote by JazzMunkeyy
it needs a silver flakes
and sara underwood
Quote by y2k11hmmm?
Fruit doesn't help. But what about yogurt?

This could possibly just have turned into UG's first dairy and fruit related guitar thread. Bravo
What luck! It is!
Quote by Most_Triumphant

Quote by JazzMunkeyy
it needs a silver flakes
and sara underwood
Quote by Wisthekiller
One guy here filled his acoustic with sand to make it sound electric.

If your guitar is made out of sand, hollow it out and make it an acoustic.

Link please? (again) haha. I don't think I have ever asked somone for a link in somebody elses thread before but now I've done it twice in 24 hours, and both times it was you I asked haha.

And TS you could cut a chunk out of the body, that would change tone You could also remove the frets and make it fretless. Fill in the fret slots with saw dust and super glue radius it back down and you should be good to go. Or maybe just leave the fret slots.
Quote by da_
Link please? (again) haha. I don't think I have ever asked somone for a link in somebody elses thread before but now I've done it twice in 24 hours, and both times it was you I asked haha.

And TS you could cut a chunk out of the body, that would change tone You could also remove the frets and make it fretless. Fill in the fret slots with saw dust and super glue radius it back down and you should be good to go. Or maybe just leave the fret slots.

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1440123

There ya go man.
I've already redone the neck to be satin finish.
Quote by Most_Triumphant

Quote by JazzMunkeyy
it needs a silver flakes
and sara underwood