i don't get it. the mans funded a company to help fight aids, donated millions of dollars to help prevent poverty and help the economy in third world countries, and always interracts with his audience, so why do people call him a tool?
are they just jealous? or is there some legitimate reason?
U2 are one of my all time favourite bands, but I still think he's a tool for all the righteous christian bollocks he preaches.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > MXR Custom Badass 78 > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
Laney VC30
Marshall TSL602
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
Quote by GaryBillington
U2 are one of my all time favourite bands, but I still think he's a tool for all the righteous christian bollocks he preaches.

Yeah, but on the flip side of it, saying it's "righteous christian bollocks" can be seen as pretty toolish, too.

No matter who you are, there's going to be someone who considers you a tool for the things you do. Even if they're guilty of the same thing. It's just life.
Quote by TextOnTheScreen
Yeah, but on the flip side of it, saying it's "righteous christian bollocks" can be seen as pretty toolish

Maybe it is a bit toolish putting it like that, but at least I can back the argument up with scientific fact, as opposed to the christian argument which ignores that in favour of a load of myths.

It was really annoying when I saw them in concert, they were awesome for about 95% of it, he just ruined it when he went off on his mid-gig rant about how he could save the world.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > MXR Custom Badass 78 > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
Laney VC30
Marshall TSL602
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
Last edited by GaryBillington at Aug 28, 2011,
can we please drop the religious subject? fact is, no one can prove if God created the world, or if science did. it all comes down to faith in which you choose to believe, i just wanted to know why people believe bono is a tool when he does very humanitarian type acts.

everything i've learned so far is pretty awesome about what he's done to help everything, so i just didn't understand it.
Last edited by blake1221 at Aug 30, 2011,
Quote by blake1221

Too funny.
(Invalid img)