Ok, so i saved up about 1000 usd during summer and was about to buy Les Paul studio the brown WBCR for 649 euros, but came in to talk with my friend who said that i may have problems with the whole neck of the guitar if it spins a little due to possible humidity and temperature changes making the guitar unplayable because of the difficulty of changing or adjusting the neck, its glued to the guitar, and suggested that i buy a Squire classic vibe 60s strat (his says that its better than the mexican fender witch would be of my budget) It has an easy adjustable and changeble neck because its skrewed to it, change the pickguard for one that allows me to put a hummbucker in place of bridge single coil so i would achieve the thickness and sustain i was looking for in Gibson. So basically he said that i really need to have a whole bag of money to deal with such problems if buying a Gibson and im not going to make any money because i am going to study in university.
He also claimed that studio LP version body is straight like plank while the standard/custom is curved out giving studio some problem i don't even remember he said of.
So is the neck problems of Gibson so possible and i should look for something else or i shouldn't really worry about the neck? Is the curve thing really existent and have any effect? (i don't have any studio version in any of my region shops to check it out my self)

P.S. I'm actually starting to consider Danelectro 59-DC because of the good reviews and low price.
Go for the Gibson. I have a custom shop and never had a problem with my neck. I know lots of people who have Les Pauls and never had a problem. My neighbour has his 7 year old Les in an attic room that's humid in summer and not in winter. He's NEVER had to get his neck adjusted in that time.

50's necks are like baseball bats and should rarely need adjusting.

I honestly don't think it's a concern speaking from Gibson experience.
Your friend is both right in theory and probably wrong.

Yes, if the neck on the Gibby warps, it's going to be much more difficult and expensive to fix.

On the other hand, I don't have any sense of this being a regular problem. If you take good care of your guitar, it shouldn't be an issue.

(The bigger problem with Gibson necks is the "headstock break" - which is usually pretty repairable but will cost a little bit of cash. Invest in straplocks to prevents this from happening.)
Your friend is talking out of his ass, Gibson make a good instument. What kind of guitar does he play, sounds like a little penis envy going on if you ask me.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Gibson makes some of the best guitars in the world. Have my LP for 9 years. I clean it tune it and replace the strings, I have not had an issue with it. I love Gibson guitars

Buy It
Gibson Les Paul Classic
Fender Stratocaster (Mexican)
Hagstrom Ultra Swede
Music Man Axis Sport
Last edited by Picksqueal72 at Aug 29, 2011,
Well haven't got any problem affirming reply so i guess that it isn't such an existent problem and i'll just stick with Gibson. Thanks for the responses!
I personally hate the feel of Gibson guitars, but no one can deny that they make a quality instrument. If you like it, buy it. It will last. I guess your friend doesn't realize that adjusting the neck on the gibson would be the same on most other guitars, you just adjust the truss rod. It really has nothing to do with if the guitar is set neck or bolt-on.
Gibsons don't have replaceable necks. If the neck breaks or warps, it's a lot more expensive to replace than a Fender style where you just bolt a new neck on.

However:
-Gibson necks aren't any more prone to warping than other necks;
-Set necks are not unique to Gibson; they're very common;
-Except in cases of twisting (rare) or very severe warping (also rare, unless you leave your guitar outside), a simple truss rod adjustment will keep the neck straight; and
-I'm not 100% sure of this, but a warped neck may be covered under the Gibson warranty.

I don't know what he was talking about with the flat body, studios are carved top just like the Standard. There were a few flattop models made, but the WBCR is not one of them. Even if it were, I can't think of any problems it would cause.

The one known issue in this vein with Gibsons is that the headstock joint is somewhat fragile. If you drop or whack a LP really good on the headstock, they tend to split right off. It's an easy enough repair, but it's something to be aware of if you're really, really concerned about having a durable guitar. The good news is that keeping the guitar in a hard case when you're not playing it will help keep the neck straight and keep the headstock from being damaged. Essentially, if you treat it decently, it will last forever.