Page 1 of 2
I've recently been looking for ways to start improvising on guitar. I discovered perfect pitch by looking for ways to learn the notes of fret board. Looking at reviews on the internet its seems legit and there are plenty of people who have said it works. I was curious about it and so i bought it online. Can someone let me know if i spent my money wisely? I bought both the relative pitch and perfect pitch courses. Thanks in advance.
I think you'll have to take the course and tell us that buddy
Quote by ThinLizzyFan
I love you

Who's in a bunker?
Who's in a bunker?
Women and children first
And the children first
And the children
yeah, you're right, i changed my mind the second time you posted this.
Click here to hear my BOB DYLAN (Blowing in the Wind) out right now May 2k17
Why would you both the perfect and relative pitch lessons? If you have perfect pitch you don't need relative pitch...
you're a stone fox
Quote by Saint78
Why would you both the perfect and relative pitch lessons? If you have perfect pitch you don't need relative pitch...

+1

Also, relative pitch is the easiest thing there is anyways.
Quote by Nickpocalypse
+1

Also, relative pitch is the easiest thing there is anyways.

Yeah, I have relative pitch and didn't take a course.

OT: Yes TS, you wasted your money on the relative pitch lesson.
you're a stone fox
You can't learn perfect pitch, at least not now.

Perfect pitch is overrated. You can name notes without an external reference. Big whoop.

Stop being lazy. Learn the fretboard and work on your relative pitch.
^^The above is a Cryptic Metaphor^^

"To know the truth of history is to realize its ultimate myth and its inevitable ambiguity." Everything is made up and the facts don't matter.

MUSIC THEORY LINK
Quote by Bassolini

Quote by devourke
I love you bro. I'd totally turn gay for you after that.

November 13th, 2011. Nodincap.

LoL: Kublai Dong

MC: StealthTurtle
Twitter
Last.fm
I don't even know what relative pitch is after playing guitar for 11 years.
I'm ok carrying on without.
And I sure as hell don't want or need perfect pitch.
Quote by SkepsisMetal
I don't even know what relative pitch is after playing guitar for 11 years.
I'm ok carrying on without.
And I sure as hell don't want or need perfect pitch.

Why you dont want it??!?!?
I have always wanted to get that but don't want to pay for it and don't have the time anyway.
Quote by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE?!

Quote by TunerAddict
you can take my mouse and keyboard from my cold, slightly orange from cheetos, dead fingers

Quote by Baby Joel
Isis is amazing
Quote by jani92jani

From reading through that thread you posted above you sound like a fucking retard! Are you David Lucas Burge himself?
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
Your post was the only bright spot in this disgusting piece of thread.

Quote by lexanirider78
You have balls. I like balls....(awkward silence)

Quote by SeveralSpecies
I waited for the rape.

...but the rape never came
Quote by jani92jani

Well why would I?
I'm doing just fine without it, and I can't see it actually extending my practical abilities.
I'm not a composer. I play guitar and sing basic songs.
Quote by jani92jani
I would help to sing better in key ( Combined with vocal training)etc...
It will let you know that your guitar is untuned before the audience notices it too.

You can do both of those with relative pitch.
^^The above is a Cryptic Metaphor^^

"To know the truth of history is to realize its ultimate myth and its inevitable ambiguity." Everything is made up and the facts don't matter.

MUSIC THEORY LINK
firstly, there are sites that can test if you have it or not already...
http://perfectpitchtest.com/ - although i get 11/12 on it and i don't fully have it.

http://perfectpitch.ucsf.edu/ - this is more accurate but longer and dull. i'm above average on this and getting pp results on the piano bit but it tells me that i've either failed overall or am too close and to try again. they admitt their own criteria here are really stringent though and they only say you have it if it's a high level of pp.

secondly, you should have asked on here for opinions BEFORE purchasing it. it's a bit too late now.

thirdly, you can probably download a torrent of it, if not just to test it.

fourthly, a course in perfect pitch would basically be opening your mind to the sounds you hear. next time you listen to music, try and distinguish every note of every instrument played or next time you walk down the street, try and listen to the pitch of traffic lights or car horns or drills in construction areas. i guess you'd probably have to be open to these sorts of ideas before starting a course.

fifthly - i have no idea on whether or not the course works. sorry.
Quote by Meths

I don't think any words should be censored.

Especially faggot since homos aren't real people and all.

Quote by sam b
Man City wont win anything and finish below Arsenal.

city: 3rd + FA cup winners.
arsenal: 4th
Quote by jani92jani
I would help to sing better in key ( Combined with vocal training)etc...
It will let you know that your guitar is untuned before the audience notices it too.

Or you could just get vocal training and not learn perfect pitch...
you're a stone fox
Quote by jani92jani
It seems that some ppl here think that PP is a bad thing

Yeah, why would you not want a power play

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

Quote by jani92jani

Nah, I love Power Point.
you're a stone fox
You can't attain perfect pitch through training. If it were possible then people would have done it long ago. Relative pitch training can get you extremely close but never to perfect.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Quote by BladeSlinger
You can't attain perfect pitch through training. If it were possible then people would have done it long ago. Relative pitch training can get you extremely close but never to perfect.

you can attain some form of it through training. i'm sure if you work hard enough for it, you can get there fully.
as people say, though, it's not that important which is why it's probably not been reported on so much.
but every skill we have is learned. there is evidence to suggest that kids with a musical background or instruments at a young age are more likely to develop pp.
Quote by Meths

Quote by sam b

Quote by untalented
you can attain some form of it through training. i'm sure if you work hard enough for it, you can get there fully.
as people say, though, it's not that important which is why it's probably not been reported on so much.
but every skill we have is learned. there is evidence to suggest that kids with a musical background or instruments at a young age are more likely to develop pp.

Finally somebody agrees with me.
Quote by jani92jani

I ****ing LOVE pickled peppers wtf are these people on???
Quote by untalented

What proof do you have for this?

History and my many band directors have said that people have only been born with true perfect pitch. John Phillip Sousa for instance. It cannot be attained. Whatever level can be attained is relative pitch.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Quote by BladeSlinger
What proof do you have for this?

History and my many band directors have said that people have only been born with true perfect pitch. John Phillip Sousa for instance. It cannot be attained. Whatever level can be attained is relative pitch.

you can see many videos on youtube showing kids in the process of learning it and when they've fully learned it after. it's just that they have a keen interest in music and open their mind to the sounds from a young age.
then when you look at the lives of famous people with pp and they always seemed to have been brought up with musical instruments or in a musical family.
then there's the wikipedia for absolute pitch which has many paragraphs related to this such as "people of certain origin are more likely to have it as the way they speak their mother tongue helps them to develop it".
and there will be articles on the internet for it but i'm not sure where to look and i'm too tired.
this website http://www.science-frontiers.com/sf111/sf111p07.htm
claims that the official pp study suggests that
A study of 500 musicians, with and without perfect pitch, by N. Freimer at the University of California, revealed that half of those claiming perfect pitch knew family members of like talent. Only 5% of those without perfect pitch made this claim.

either it's genetic or you have a musical family. you have to bare in mind that genetics don't tend to determine intelligence but may give an advantage.

as for "fully developing it", that's a subjective statement. there are different levels of pp. what constitutes to having 'fully developed it'?
Quote by Meths

Quote by sam b

Quote by jani92jani

Running out of PP CAN be a bad thing, but if you have ether with you you should be ok.
Last edited by UntilISleep at Aug 28, 2011,
Quote by SkepsisMetal
PP got me through a lot of hard times

I know what you mean. Penis pumping helped me a lot, too.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
Your post was the only bright spot in this disgusting piece of thread.

Quote by lexanirider78
You have balls. I like balls....(awkward silence)

Quote by SeveralSpecies
I waited for the rape.

...but the rape never came
Page 1 of 2